Do You Just Mention In Passing.......

Decorating By demeryn Updated 9 Sep 2008 , 1:17pm by peg818

demeryn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
demeryn Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 10:02am
post #1 of 7

I made a cake and put in straws for support. Here is my question. Do you tell the client where the straws are, or just mention that there are straws/supports?
I mention this because I happened to be at a babyshower and when straws were found in her cake during serving, it became the topic of much mirth and speculation - no one was quite sure what they were there for. The hostess seemed quite baffled and confused.
quite funny to watch.

6 replies
grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 10:36am
post #2 of 7

I hope you informed them why they were there..... I usually tell people to expect them....

lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 10:44am
post #3 of 7

That's funny. The client should have been told about the supports. But, I know I've forgotten when a client has come to pick up their cake and there's lots of commotion. I always wondered what they thought if they'd never cut a stacked cake before. Now I know.

demeryn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
demeryn Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 10:54am
post #4 of 7

yup, I felt terribly bright and knowledgeable . icon_smile.gif-

amoos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amoos Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 11:00am
post #5 of 7

Yes, I always tell them that there are straws in there, and usually given them a quick lesson in cake cutting/straw removal, etc. It's amazing how many people think you cut a round cake into huge honking pie shaped pieces and some even thought you left the straws in......EX: client says "the straws aren't edible too??" I'm thinking, come on, give me a break!

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 12:49pm
post #6 of 7

" "the straws aren't edible too??"
LOL! People never cease to amaze me ! HA!

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 1:17pm
post #7 of 7

The last wedding cake i made, i handed the biker guy that came to pick up the cake, Cake cutting directions, and he's like WOW there's directions!

Now this guy was running late and i forgot to tell him there were supports in there, Now i know what they probably thought about those icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%