They Said They Loved It, But....

Decorating By lynda-bob Updated 13 Sep 2008 , 1:35am by Aliwis000

lynda-bob Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 4:58am
post #1 of 24

I don't icon_redface.gif Okay, so I guess this isn't a TRUE disaster, but I cannot stop kicking myself over it! I was so in love w/ my Spongebob cake (not to compare w/ the talent around here thumbs_up.gif ) but I felt pretty good about him. They came and picked up the cake, and then I went to put my pix on the computer. That's when I saw he has NO EYELASHES icon_cry.gif I don't know why I didn't notice it; now I can't stop looking at the pix and thinking he looks freaky icon_sad.gif Do you think they noticed it????
LL

23 replies
chutzpah Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 5:06am
post #2 of 24

Cute cake.

Don't say a word and they'll never notice. If you mention it you'll sow the seed of doubt in their minds... all of a sudden they'll be picking it apart, finding tons of mistakes.

aztomcat Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 5:15am
post #3 of 24

You know us decorators are our worst critics. I agree, they'll probably never notice. It came out great and I'm sure they did love it!!ax

lynda-bob Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 5:19am
post #4 of 24

Thanks, you guys. I haven't mentioned it to them; I just feel a little sad. He was the first Spongebob that I didn't fill in w/ star tips icon_lol.gif I have two other spongebobs but they weren't carved or iced smooth (well, that is iced then sponged with a New sponge, of course icon_razz.gif )
Thanks for the votes of confidence icon_smile.gif

Amia Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 5:40am
post #5 of 24

I looked at the pic before I read your post and I didn't even notice. It's not like you left off his pants or anything major! He looks good!

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 5:47am
post #6 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by amia1024

I looked at the pic before I read your post and I didn't even notice. It's not like you left off his pants or anything major! He looks good!

Ditto here. I didn't notice until I read the post (sort of peaked at the photo first).

SugarFrosted Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 8:50am
post #7 of 24

It's cute as it is! Don't say a word about the eyelashes, or lack of.

I once made a Cinderella cake using the Wilton mold, and after the client picked up the cake and I was uploading the pics to my computer, I noticed Cinderella had no eyebrows.

I laughingly told my client the next time she ordered a cake, and since then, she mentions it every time she orders a cake. She says "Don't forget the eyebrows! hahahah" no matter what kind of cake it is.

I will never mention another cake flaw to anyone ever again! icon_redface.gif

lynda-bob Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 12:48pm
post #8 of 24

Thanks again, you all!

Amia, "left his pants off..." icon_lol.gif I needed that icon_smile.gif

mkolmar Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 1:23pm
post #9 of 24

It looks great. I wouldn't have noticed the eyelashes missing either.

Amia Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 4:19pm
post #10 of 24

There was an episode(s) of SpongeBob where he plucked his eyelashes off...can't remember why (not that I even dare to ponder anything that dumb sponge does), but pretend that's what you were going for... icon_lol.gif

lynda-bob Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 3:17am
post #11 of 24
Quote:

There was an episode(s) of SpongeBob where he plucked his eyelashes off...can't remember why (not that I even dare to ponder anything that dumb sponge does), but pretend that's what you were going for... icon_lol.gif

icon_lol.gif My daughter kept going around the house saying, "The boy wears mascara?!!! What a card!" It was something that Patrick Star's Mother (turned out it wasn't his mom after all in the end icon_rolleyes.gif ) had said about Spongebob... My DD told me I was being hyper critical of the cake, too. So I guess I'm thru plotzing over it because she is my biggest critic. icon_razz.gif

AND! OMG, Amia! I just noticed that you are in San Antonio, like me. Not only that, but your birthday is my Mom's birthday, too! Crazy, small world icon_smile.gif

Amia Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 5:06am
post #12 of 24

Oh wow, another SA'er! I'd say yay, but I just feel bad you're stuck here too. icon_lol.gif jk....

lynda-bob Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 8:40pm
post #13 of 24

Awwww... I know you're kidding (at least I think I know hehehe). Really, I love it here. I've lived here my whole life and wouldn't want to live anywhere else. I love to visit here, there and everywhere but this is home sweet home thumbs_up.gif

bakincakin Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 7:57pm
post #14 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar_Plum_Fairy

Quote:

Ditto here. I didn't notice until I read the post (sort of peaked at the photo first).

Me three. He's very cute.

keljo05 Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 8:04pm
post #15 of 24

Sponge bob has eyelashes? shows you how much attention I pay to the cartoon. it'll be fine and he looks wonderful icon_smile.gif

lynda-bob Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 8:18pm
post #16 of 24

Awwww, thanks everyone for making me feel better. You really did. I love my CakeCentral friends icon_smile.gif

janebrophy Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 8:24pm
post #17 of 24

Your cake looks terrific! No one will notice at all!

I want to know who is going to make the pantless spongebob ! LMAO! icon_lol.gif

lynda-bob Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 8:28pm
post #18 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by janebrophy

icon_lol.gif I'm choking! LOL I read that and instantly thought, "Maybe we SHOULD make that and post it in the naughty cake section."

Funny icon_lol.gif

keljo05 Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 8:29pm
post #19 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by janebrophy

would that pic have to go into the adult section? lol

Cherie206 Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 8:30pm
post #20 of 24

Sponge Bob has eyebrows? I had no idea!!!! icon_smile.gif Your cake looks great.....

krystyne_wilson Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 8:51pm
post #21 of 24

Your cake looks WONDERFUL!!!

The missing eyelashes are not noticeable

twooten173 Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 9:12pm
post #22 of 24

Girl are you nuts?! When I saw the pic I was like, "woo she actually carved the sides of the cake like sp" I've done this cake and I just make a squiggly line and call it a day. If you hadn't mentioned eyelashes I'd never know.

Now that you say that, he looks just like my best friend who pulled out her eyelashes icon_smile.gif Just kidding.

lynda-bob Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 12:34am
post #23 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by twooten173

Now that you say that, he looks just like my best friend who pulled out her eyelashes icon_smile.gif Just kidding.

You guys are killing me! icon_lol.gif But, thanks, I needed that!

Aliwis000 Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 1:35am
post #24 of 24

Coming from someone who loves spongebob, I know that there are times on the show his eyelashes do not show. Like when he sees something he loves and gets all dreamy eyed! I love your cake its super cute!

~Alicia

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%