Well, It's Official! I'm Nuts! (Sorry - Long)

Decorating By tonicake Updated 11 Sep 2008 , 3:16am by tonicake

tonicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonicake Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 3:50am
post #1 of 9

I am that little ole ant - just watch me push my rubber tree plant.

It's my own fault, but I still believe I will get it all done. Knowing I am flying to New Mexico at 7:30 am, Wed. - I took on 4 cakes. All birthdays - completely different. I have a two tier order for a "Paris" birthday, a 3D Cheeta Girl Purse, Mickey Mouse Jumbo cupcakes each with a gumpaste mickey hat to accompany a fancy smash cake and the final cake is a 1/2 chocolate and 1/2 white American Idol.

I didn't think I was nuts at the time of taking the orders, because I'm building my new business. (This time last week I was pming another CCer about not having any business, so I am grateful, although nuts!) I know if I'm not available when someone needs an order, I'll never have business. That is why I took them on.

My reward in New Mexico is a trip to the spa - hair, facial, pedi. (On my husbands company!!!! Yeah!!!)

Please keep me in your prayers tonight. I CAN do this! Besides, surely I'm not the only crazy cake lady hanging out at CC.

Thanks for your time - I've got to get back to work.

Toni

8 replies
MnSnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MnSnow Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 4:01am
post #2 of 9

Welcome to the elite club LOL

You can do it! May be with no sleep but if you got sleep, you couldn't join the club.

VannaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VannaD Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 11:12am
post #3 of 9

get it all done and then enjoy your vacation, good luck!

muddpuppy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
muddpuppy Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 2:59pm
post #4 of 9

I'm sure you'll get it all done. That's what we do.. lol... I'd love to see pics after!! Have fun on vacation!!

sambugjoebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sambugjoebear Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 6:59pm
post #5 of 9

May the magical cake fairy sprinkle her special luster dust on you icon_smile.gif

tx_cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tx_cupcake Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 7:13pm
post #6 of 9

Just keep thinking about your spa day. You can do it!

tonicake Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 7:01am
post #7 of 9

Thank you for the encouragement! It is now more than 24 hrs. later and I stayed up until three last night, up at 7:30 and I'm still up at 2:00 am. I am on my last cake and I saved the easiest for last.

It seems like forever because I home school my 2 girls.

I continue saying I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST!!

Don't worry - still have high hopes! Then off to packing my bags!

BACK TO WORK!

kmoores Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kmoores Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 12:01pm
post #8 of 9

Hey, your not nuts!! I was thinking the same thing when I was getting ready to go on my trip this week too! I had 2 birthday cakes and a 3 tier wedding cake for Saturday and was leaving way to early sunday morning for a trip - I honestly think we do our best work under stress! Either that or we are NUTS! Who knows? Hope you got it all done and are enjoying your spa treatment!!!

tonicake Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 3:16am
post #9 of 9

I finished!!!

I was up all night! Thank you for wishing the cake fairy and her luster dust - it worked. I caught a 20 min nap on one flight, but I slept the afternoon away. Just got back from dinner and tomorrow is SPA DAY!!! I am soooo ready!

Kmoores - I do feel for you having so much to do with your trip. I certainly among many others know what you are feeling. Don't worry, by about 4:30 you'll get your second wind and finish.

Remember - keep your eye on the PRIZE! and enjoy your trip.

Have a great rest of the week.

Toni

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%