Updated: This Is My First Wedding Cake

Decorating By TheDomesticDiva Updated 9 Sep 2008 , 12:49pm by Deb_

TheDomesticDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheDomesticDiva Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 11:59pm
post #1 of 10

I'm not sure what in the WORLD happened with my other post! The picture that uploaded wasn't what I put in, and in fact, I don't even have that particular picture on my computer!! (It's really pretty though!!)

However, THIS is my first wedding cake!! So, I guess the question is the same, do you think that spraying it with cooking spray would melt off the royal icing scrolls?! HAH. How funny! Thanks for letting me know Hopekisa that it wasnt my picture that uploaded!! I wonder how that happened?! ...Now you all see why I was saying dark chocolate fondant. Haha. Man oh man. How funny!
LL

9 replies
dl5crew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dl5crew Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 12:14am
post #2 of 10

What a gorgeous cake you made!!!!!
I thought anything oily would effect royal icing. Do they not sell a product to make it shiny? I'm guessing that you want it shiny..... icon_redface.gif

mommy_of_3_DDs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommy_of_3_DDs Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 12:14am
post #3 of 10

The pic does not exist... icon_sad.gif

TheDomesticDiva Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 12:25am
post #4 of 10

Im sad about my picture messing up!! I wonder what's going on!! It's in my photo album here, its the only wedding cake. I'll try and load it again.
LL

mommy_of_3_DDs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommy_of_3_DDs Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 3:21am
post #5 of 10

I can see it now! Very pretty cake! I love the white on brown details!

megankennedy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
megankennedy Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 3:28am
post #6 of 10

that is really beautiful! i love the impact of the large flower on top, makes a statement - great job! if that's your first, I'm scared of you........

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 4:15am
post #7 of 10

Why do you want to spray oil on it??
If you want a shine why not dust it (or spray) w/luster or pearl dust or sparkle dust/

hopekisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hopekisa Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 7:03am
post #8 of 10

No problem LadyDZA.
I knew i saw YOUR wedding cake on the other forum and it wasn't all white.
Maybe there is a cake ghost on your computer (ha ha)

TheDomesticDiva Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 12:42pm
post #9 of 10

I would not be surprised about the cake ghost haha. I just feel bad about whose-ever cake that was, if they saw that they probably thought I was trying to pass their cake off as my own!!

I was just thinking it'd be neat if it was shiny--but it's grown on me how it is! And I piped one more tiny swirl at the bottom right corner of the square in the center that didnt turn out so square, so it looks more symmetrical!! ....I wanna do another cake now haha!!

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 12:49pm
post #10 of 10

Now I see a brown cake, my eyes aren't ready for Lasik Surgery as I originally feared when I read your original post and saw the white cake!!

I love this cake, you did an awesome job....I would leave it as is, it's perfect!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%