How Do You Get Your Cleints?

Decorating By CakeComeTrue Updated 8 Sep 2008 , 11:41pm by indydebi

CakeComeTrue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeComeTrue Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 10:13pm
post #1 of 2

I am new to making cakes, but have come to find a great passion for it. I have made 8 cakes in the last 2 months. Mostly for my family, I have 5 kids, but 2 have been for a profit, which were from close friends. My question is, at what point is it okay to put myself out there. Is 8 cakes enough to show someone to try and get business? How do all of you get your clients? Any advertising? I certainly don't want to rely on word of mouth, but I'm concerned people will realize that I am a beginner and not want to pay what I am asking. I believe my cakes are worth it. Any input on how you got your business started would be great. Thanks all!

1 reply
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 11:41pm
post #2 of 2

Welcome to CC! You've discovered the best resource for about any question you have.

Does your state allow home baking business? If not, you need to reconsider your attempts to 'get known' and find out what's involved in becoming legal.

As you try to get started, you will find out that word of mouth is the best advertising. I belong to two networking groups where "word of mouth" is THE focus in promoting our businesses. It works.

Check out the business forum. Spend days and days browsing thru it .. you'll find GREAT advice and information!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%