Coke Flavored...

Decorating By mlharvell Updated 9 Sep 2008 , 12:16pm by smbegg

mlharvell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mlharvell Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 9:41pm
post #1 of 10

Can anyone give me advice on coke flavored buttercream and rock candy? Can I use coke instead of flavoring? I'm worried about it tasting flat. Has anyone ever tried this?

9 replies
KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 9:51pm
post #2 of 10

weird. Maybe you can get some Coke concentrate?

mlharvell Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 10:06pm
post #3 of 10

Hmmmm...anyone know where I can get something like coke concentrate? Do they make that? I'm trying to do this tonight or tomorrow (preferably tonight). Anyone else have suggestions?

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 10:49pm
post #4 of 10

Well, I'm thinking that any place with a soda fountain gets the boxes of concentrate that the machine mixes with water and CO2. I don't know if maybe one of those places could just sell you some. You may have more luck just boiling down some cans of Coke until its a thick syrup Not sure how that will affect the flavor tho.

aztomcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aztomcat Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 11:09pm
post #5 of 10

There are cola syrups that you can order:

Amazon.com has it and here is another source:

http://www.naturesflavors.com/product_info.php/products_id/1775

mlharvell Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 1:19am
post #6 of 10

Thanks for the tips, everyone! I think I'm a little too late to order anything at this point (dang! I should have planned better icon_cool.gif ). I think I'll try boiling down some coke and see what happens.

aztomcat - thanks for the link. Nature's Flavors is now bookmarked in my favorites. I can't wait to order from them!

smoore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smoore Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 1:40am
post #7 of 10

I wonder if the syrup at WalMart that's used to make Icee's would work? Sometimes I see a "cola" flavor, but usually it's fruit.

mlharvell Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 1:49am
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoore

I wonder if the syrup at WalMart that's used to make Icee's would work? Sometimes I see a "cola" flavor, but usually it's fruit.

Hmmm...I've never seen that before. I'll have to investigate. Thanks for the tip!

aztomcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aztomcat Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 3:08am
post #9 of 10

You're welcome for the link.

If you can get your hands on the snowball syrup, I'd try that.

smbegg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smbegg Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 12:16pm
post #10 of 10

You can buy coke syrup in the medicine area at drug stores. I do not believe that it has and meds in it. It is more a placebo thing. Worth checking out!

Stephanie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%