Coke Flavored...

Decorating By mlharvell Updated 9 Sep 2008 , 12:16pm by smbegg

mlharvell Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 9:41pm
post #1 of 10

Can anyone give me advice on coke flavored buttercream and rock candy? Can I use coke instead of flavoring? I'm worried about it tasting flat. Has anyone ever tried this?

9 replies
KoryAK Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 9:51pm
post #2 of 10

weird. Maybe you can get some Coke concentrate?

mlharvell Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 10:06pm
post #3 of 10

Hmmmm...anyone know where I can get something like coke concentrate? Do they make that? I'm trying to do this tonight or tomorrow (preferably tonight). Anyone else have suggestions?

KoryAK Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 10:49pm
post #4 of 10

Well, I'm thinking that any place with a soda fountain gets the boxes of concentrate that the machine mixes with water and CO2. I don't know if maybe one of those places could just sell you some. You may have more luck just boiling down some cans of Coke until its a thick syrup Not sure how that will affect the flavor tho.

aztomcat Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 11:09pm
post #5 of 10

There are cola syrups that you can order:

Amazon.com has it and here is another source:

http://www.naturesflavors.com/product_info.php/products_id/1775

mlharvell Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 1:19am
post #6 of 10

Thanks for the tips, everyone! I think I'm a little too late to order anything at this point (dang! I should have planned better icon_cool.gif ). I think I'll try boiling down some coke and see what happens.

aztomcat - thanks for the link. Nature's Flavors is now bookmarked in my favorites. I can't wait to order from them!

smoore Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 1:40am
post #7 of 10

I wonder if the syrup at WalMart that's used to make Icee's would work? Sometimes I see a "cola" flavor, but usually it's fruit.

mlharvell Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 1:49am
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoore

I wonder if the syrup at WalMart that's used to make Icee's would work? Sometimes I see a "cola" flavor, but usually it's fruit.

Hmmm...I've never seen that before. I'll have to investigate. Thanks for the tip!

aztomcat Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 3:08am
post #9 of 10

You're welcome for the link.

If you can get your hands on the snowball syrup, I'd try that.

smbegg Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 12:16pm
post #10 of 10

You can buy coke syrup in the medicine area at drug stores. I do not believe that it has and meds in it. It is more a placebo thing. Worth checking out!

Stephanie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%