My First Wedding Cake!

Decorating By TheDomesticDiva Updated 8 Sep 2008 , 11:54pm by TheDomesticDiva

TheDomesticDiva Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 8:34pm
post #1 of 5

I made this as an entry into our fair coming up, per some prodding from my mother-in-law. icon_smile.gif I am really happy with how it turned out considering I've never done one before. It's dark chocolate Satin Ice fondant, and royal icing piped leafy scrolls. I do have a question though-- I read that you can spray the whole thing with cooking spray to make it shine. Would that ruin the royal icing that's piped on it?? Or should I just leave it as is??

4 replies
KHalstead Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 8:38pm
post #2 of 5

I think the vegetable spray WOULD ruin the royal don't touch it.........unless of course you have some shimmer airbrush color in a pearl, then you could spray it with that and it would make the whole thing shine!

I'm assuming that you meant white chocolate satin ice right??

TheDomesticDiva Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 9:08pm
post #3 of 5

Nope, it's dark chocolate satin ice-- thats why it's dark chocolate brown. Tastes like a tootsie roll!! icon_smile.gif

I'm glad I asked about the spray before I did it!!! Thanks for letting me know not to do it!!

Deb_ Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 9:50pm
post #4 of 5

Either I'm missing something, or I've been inhaling way too much confectioners sugar icon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gif The cake I'm looking at is White 3 tier not dark brown. Are you sure you downloaded the correct picture???? icon_confused.gificon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

TheDomesticDiva Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 11:54pm
post #5 of 5

WHOS CAKE IS THAT?!! I dont even have that picture on my computer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's not what I uploaded!!! OH my word!! No wonder you all thought I had lost my mind!! (Thanks Hopekisa for letting me know!!!)

Here is MY first wedding cake!!! I'll see if I can change it in the original post!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%