Help My Creaitve Juices Please!!!!

Decorating By SugarBakerz Updated 8 Sep 2008 , 9:37pm by tonia3604

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 8:27pm
post #1 of 8

This is what the customer sent to me as a request for an engagement cake.....

"I have something in mind but not sure how to make it work- they are both really seeking God in everything and I would like to see something with maybe a cross in the center and two bands hanging on cross- not sure if that makes sense- Of course you are much more creative than I so--- if you run across something let me know."

I thought maybe using the Wilton cross pan and doing 2 fondant bands, but that just seems ummppphhhh to me... Any other bright ideas or suggestions?

7 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 8:33pm
post #2 of 8

what about the cross pan and do a fbct on top of two hands being joined almost like they're walking "together" on their walk with God ??? This is a toughy

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 8:35pm
post #3 of 8

or what about something like this with the cake being the Bible??

http://www.mydreamwedding.ca/wp-content/uploads/image/April2008/bulletin9.jpg

Jenni2383 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenni2383 Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 8:44pm
post #4 of 8

I like KHalstead's idea! That would be neat.

banba Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
banba Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 8:46pm
post #5 of 8

An Irish Claddagh ring maybe as the heart with the crown on top could signify the sacred heart if you wanted it to?

There's a ditty goes with the ring "with my hands on my heart I crown our love" something like that!

shellzey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shellzey Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 8:56pm
post #6 of 8

i also like the idea of the bible with the rings on it. or you could do an open bible with a scripture on it. their are some great ones. if you decide to go that way i can write down a couple ideas for you.

Teena_Marie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teena_Marie Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 8:59pm
post #7 of 8

how about taking two chocolate cigarellos (sp?) swirled with milk chocolate and dark chocolate to give it a 'wooden' look, put them together with a bit of chocolate as 'glue' then having a pair of those faux rings at the center..place that in the center of a simple round or square cake with the saying 'God, the best maker of all marriages, Combine your hearts into one."
-- William Shakespeare

let me see if i can do a sketch of what im talking about with the cross..

oh, you could even roughen the cigarellos (sp?) with a knife or something to give it texture as well as color..
LL

tonia3604 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonia3604 Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 9:37pm
post #8 of 8

Here are my thoughts:

I love the idea someone else had of a bible with two rings laying on it. You could run a couple options by the customer and see what they prefer. If they are really set on the cross here are a couple more ideas...

You could use the cross pan or carve a cake in the shape of a cross and lay two rings in the center of it

Or...

Depending on how many servings they need you could bake a sheet cake, make a chocolate cross from a mold and lay the cross on the cake with the rings layings on the cross

Or...

Sheet cake or round cake...chocolate cross standing up with rings laying at the foot of the cross...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%