Cherry Chocolate Or Chocolate Cherry?

Decorating By chelseafitz Updated 8 Sep 2008 , 8:49pm by kakeladi

chelseafitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelseafitz Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 7:26pm
post #1 of 2

Hi everyone, I am making a cake for my dad for his birthday and he loves black cherry anything. I found some frozen black cherries and have a few questions.
Which would be better you think: a chocolate cake with cherry filling, chocolate ganache and a chocolate cherry buttercream...
or should I put the cherries in the cake and have chocolate ganache and chocolate buttercream. I was also thinking of using the shasta black cherry cola in the cake.. I am going to try it tonight but could really use some pointers.
Also I was wondering how you would make a filling out of frozen cherries, I have some black cherry jam and was thinking of using that and the cherries.
Wow that was a lot of questions...I really want to make it good, but I don't have too much time to experiment, his bday is on sunday. Oh and I am going to cover it in fondant...
TIA
Chelsea

1 reply
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 8:49pm
post #2 of 2

I like the choco cake w/cherry cola in it then cherry fill w/choco icing & drizzle icon_smile.gif Might even add some of the cherries, well chopped, into the batter if you have enough.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%