Clear Lemon Flavoring

Decorating By carolbby Updated 8 Sep 2008 , 6:45pm by bethola

carolbby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carolbby Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 6:28pm
post #1 of 4

Can anyone tell me where to get clear lemon flavoring that I can use in buttercream. I need the icing to be white. Also, has anyone ever used the Wilton stuff that is supposed to make icing white?
Thanks in advance!

3 replies
andiesweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andiesweet Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 6:34pm
post #2 of 4

most of the lemon extracts i have seen are clear. look on the spice aisle at the grocery, it should be there

calynmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
calynmom Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 6:35pm
post #3 of 4

I get clear lemon flavoring at Walmart or Kroger.

As for the Wilton White-White Icing stuff...it didn't change my buttercream icing at all. I had made some buttercream with real butter and it didn't even make a dent in it.

HTH

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 6:45pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by calynmom

I get clear lemon flavoring at Walmart or Kroger.

As for the Wilton White-White Icing stuff...it didn't change my buttercream icing at all. I had made some buttercream with real butter and it didn't even make a dent in it.

HTH

RE: Lemon Flavoring: Me too! McCormick Brand.

RE: White/White: Only use it when I'm "painting" something on a cake and need to lighten it up.

Okay, I've tried this ONCE and it worked for me. If you take a toothpick and BARELY put a little violet/purple on the end (I'm talking the size of 1/2 of the head of a pin) and mix it with your buttercream it will make it "white". Color wheel concept. Opposite of yellow is purple, each offsets the other to "neutralize" it= white. SO! try it first on a practice batch! Like I said, it worked better than the White "coloring" I bought!

Let me know how or if it works for you!

Beth

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%