Looking For B&w Polka Dot Bakery Boxes

Business By jjandhope Updated 11 Sep 2008 , 7:45pm by jjandhope

jjandhope Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 4:57pm
post #1 of 18

Does anyone have an idea of where I could find b&w polka dot bakery boxes? I am hoping to avoid special ordering and find them ready made. Thanks

17 replies
Laura102777 Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 5:28pm
post #2 of 18

I haven't heard of anything like that, but good luck. If you don't end up coming up with a box like you want, you might consider using black and white polka dot ribbon to tie the box closed or a big black and white polka dot sticker with your logo to seal the box.

MichelleM77 Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 10:29pm
post #3 of 18

I haven't seen polka dot cake boxes, but I think Nashville Wraps has polka dot gourmet food boxes.

jjandhope Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 4:27pm
post #4 of 18

Thanks MichelleM77, that was a great source. They did have some cute polka dot boxes and ribbons. Laura10277 suggetsed using ribbon, which I might do if I can find it cheap. In that case, I will need to find plain black bakery boxes.

Does anyone have a source for any of these things?

polka dot bakery boxes
black bakery boxes

Your replies have been helpful,thanks so much.

babybundt Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 4:37pm
post #5 of 18

how about using a white bakery box and placing black stickers on to make the dots. you can get the little round stickers at the office supply store.just a thought......

all4cake Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 4:54pm
post #6 of 18

As for b/w bakery boxes, some manufacturers will make them to your specs but only if you purchase a dumpload of them...I'm talking an entire pallet or more depending on who it is. Not a bad idea to hunt them down for when you "arrive"(unless, of course, you've "arrived" already)

tyty Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 5:24pm
post #7 of 18

I got some black and white polka dot ribbon from the $ store. I haven't seen any colored boxes other than pink.

jjandhope Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 6:14pm
post #8 of 18

Thanks, all4cake, for going to the troube to supply the links. The ribbone from myjeanm looks to be what I need to get (and the price isnt too bad.) Now, if I can only find the black boxes... icon_rolleyes.gif

all4cake Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 9:05pm
post #9 of 18

I'm sure there are black boxes to be found...they just might not be "bakery" boxes. Good luck!

KHalstead Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 9:13pm
post #10 of 18

Why not get white boxes (super cheap and readily available ) and then get a black Bingo dobber thingy and put the dots on yourself while the boxes are flat......might be kinda a cool artsy looking box if they're not all PERFECT!

panchanewjersey Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 9:26pm
post #11 of 18

What I've done in the past when I'm trying to make box look decorative I also belong to a scrapbook co. and I stamped polka dots with my stamp all around box as it was flat before folding , let it dry for a few minutes and after I folded it tied ribbon around box, looks real cute too bad I don't have picture to show you but next time I do I need to snap a shot. It's inexpensive and you can stamp any color you want. I also tried looking for cute decorative boxes but you have to buy by the bulk (200+), not sure I wanted to do that and it only comes in one size. Good luck but you should give it a try.

Jmtreu98 Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 9:29pm
post #12 of 18

I don't know if these will work, but they are black boxes!

Good luck,

jjandhope Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 9:35pm
post #13 of 18

Those just might work. Only thing in question is it says that have a "kraft interior". Wonder what that means...is it brown cardboard?

lilthorner Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 9:40pm
post #14 of 18

kraft is brown (as in natural) color

mcdonald Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 9:52pm
post #15 of 18

I got some white with black polka dot chinese take out boxes at Michaels that I use for goodie gifts...... they are good size and they are $1.00 a piece

Kim_in_CajunCountry Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 12:09am
post #16 of 18

I recently found a few sites that have lots of really cool designs. I couldn't find the black and white polka dot boxes, but I thought some of you could use some of these products. I especially like the retro dots ribbon at BagsandBows.

I found Dunwoody Booth when I was looking for tins with clear lids. Here's a link to their catering packaging page, but you'll want to check out the rest of the site.

Freund Container has lots of different plastic bottles, shaker jars, and slip cover tins. All kinds of things that might come in handy.

Specialty Bottle is like Freund - lots of different bottles and tins.

Another one, US Plastic. http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/category.asp?catalog_name=USPlastic&Category_Name=1&Page=1&utm_source=google&gclid=COLvrae40pUCFQhJagodMW8FiQ&cookie%5Ftest=1

Just remember to make sure that any containers that are going to come into direct contact with food products are marked approved for food use.

jjandhope Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 12:31pm
post #17 of 18
Originally Posted by mcdonald

I got some white with black polka dot chinese take out boxes at Michaels that I use for goodie gifts...... they are good size and they are $1.00 a piece

Yes, I've seen those...aren't they cute? They are from Creativity Inc. However, they don't have other sizes or styles. I do like that they offer the white on black variety.

Iguess you could use them as a single cupcake box or for a few cookies? What do you put in them?

jjandhope Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 7:45pm
post #18 of 18

Wow, KiminCajunCountry, I will definitely remember those links. Man, with the price of the tins being so close to that of boxes, I may just go that way for some things. Wouldnt that be a nice touch? Thanks so much...

Quote by @%username% on %date%