This Is Why!

Decorating By summernoelle Updated 9 Sep 2008 , 1:14am by summernoelle

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 3:15pm
post #1 of 10

Did anyone see Cakewrecks today with the horrible wedding cake? This is why it is wrong for people to post pics of cakes that aren't theirs on their websites!

I wonder how often stuff like this happens?

http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/2008/09/i-think-ive-just-been-punkd.html

9 replies
PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 3:43pm
post #2 of 10

I love cake wrecks, but I have to call foul on that one. I think someone sent that in as an intentional wreck to try and get on the site. I know it happens that people misrepresent themselves, but that picture was OBVIOUSLY taken by the person who made the cake, since there is still evidence of ingredients and whatnot around on the counter. I think someone was just trying to get on the site.

KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 3:52pm
post #3 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkZiab

I love cake wrecks, but I have to call foul on that one. I think someone sent that in as an intentional wreck to try and get on the site. I know it happens that people misrepresent themselves, but that picture was OBVIOUSLY taken by the person who made the cake, since there is still evidence of ingredients and whatnot around on the counter. I think someone was just trying to get on the site.

I'd have to agree with you...there is no way someone would intentionally present a cake like that to a bride. At least i would hope not!

summernoelle Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 5:03pm
post #4 of 10

I don't know-there's still the infamous plaid one that is apparently a true story. It could have happened again!

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 5:26pm
post #5 of 10

Yeah the plaid one was horrendous, but there weren't as many holes in that story. With that you could see the picture was taken where it was displayed at the wedding, the bride has also come back numerous times to comment directly on the blog, and she even named the baker at one point. I'd need a little more proof to believe this one. I sounds like a copy-cat to me.

Cyndi1207 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cyndi1207 Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 5:56pm
post #6 of 10

Regardless if it's real or not............it almost brings me to tears. Ughhh!!!!

summernoelle Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 6:24pm
post #7 of 10

Pinkziab-great point! Regardless, it was funny.

dinas27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dinas27 Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 6:41pm
post #8 of 10

I think its possible that this was a 'how hard can it be to make a wedding cake?' friend attempt if its not a complete hoax. They did say they found a replacement cake at the 11th hour.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 12:36am
post #9 of 10

I find it hard to believe that any of the stories on that site are real. I truly think it is there for entertainment value....it is good for a few laughs when I feel like I screwed up bad. Looking at those cakes makes me feel real good!

summernoelle Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 1:14am
post #10 of 10

dkelly-some of them are real. One lady is a member here, and her baby butt cake made it on. It really hurt her feelings. Some of them are probablly fake, but not all.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%