Transporting Cakes

Business By andmibonk Updated 8 Sep 2008 , 7:38pm by Jasmine33

andmibonk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andmibonk Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 2:50pm
post #1 of 4

Does anyone have any advice for transporting cakes and making sure they arrive in one piece? Thanks icon_smile.gif

3 replies
cakedout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedout Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 5:58pm
post #2 of 4

Everyone has their own way of delivery: some, like me, deliver each tier separate-some box 'em, other don't; some deliver all stacked using the center dowel method.

Whatever method you use, most of us use that non-skid material to keep cakes from sliding around the back of your vehicle. If using a car seat, I'd always suggest using some sort of 'wedge' to level out the seat. I roll up a towel (or use a wedge of foam rubber)then place a sheet of non-skid over it and the seat.

Another thing you may need to consider is the sun shining on your creation and melting/fading everything. You can cover the windows with a special light filtering film...or once I just pinned a white sheet from the back of the car to the top of the front seats! thumbs_up.gif

And make up a sign to put into your back window to explain why you are driving so slow!! icon_lol.gif

"Caution: Wedding Cake Delivery"

shorty56 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shorty56 Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 6:18pm
post #3 of 4

try sugarshacks successful stacking DVD. its really helpful! i use a similar method to her. i use SPS 4" dowels to support my tiers, stack them on top of each other, then drive two sharpened wooden dowels through all the tiers. the PP made a good point about sunlight through the windows! it can really heat up your icing, so covering your windows with those little shades or tinting your windows is a good idea if you deliver a lot of cakes.

Jasmine33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jasmine33 Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 7:38pm
post #4 of 4

Cakedout:

Quote:
Quote:

Whatever method you use, most of us use that non-skid material to keep cakes from sliding around the back of your vehicle.

What is it called and where do you get it from?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%