Sugarpaste And Humidity

Decorating By mausman Updated 9 Sep 2008 , 4:41pm by mausman

mausman Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 1:37pm
post #1 of 4

i want to know that how cna you keep sugarpaste hard while covering and modelling when the temperature exceeds 50C in summer and would also like to know the same for buttercream and marzipan

3 replies
Sugarflowers Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 1:45am
post #2 of 4

If you can find a room dehumidifier, this will help with getting things to dry. Beware that after things are brought out of the dry room that they will more than likely absorb moisture again. Steaming gumpaste pieces after they have dried will help slow down this process.

As for the heat, well, air conditioning is our only hope. If cooling the house is more than you want to do, try finding a way to close off your kitchen/decorating area and cooling only that part of the house. Temporarily closing the vents in the other rooms will direct the A/C to the open vent areas.

BlueDevil Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 1:55am
post #3 of 4

50C is roughly 122F...most places this happens, there is little to no humidity, thank god!

Humidity (that is to say moisture) will kill your gumpaste flowers pretty quick. Where I live 90F and 90% humidity are the norm in the summer, and it kills mine right fast.

50C would be fine if it was bone dry, such as in Arizona.

mausman Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 4:41pm
post #4 of 4

thank you for the replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%