Sugar Free Strawberry Filling

Decorating By loriemoms Updated 9 Sep 2008 , 12:27pm by loriemoms

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 11:55am
post #1 of 5

I have looked all over and cannot find a sugar free strawberry filling recipe. I cannot use real strawberries, as they are not allowed for home bakers in NC. I was thinking of using the sugar free strawberry jam filling, and was wondering if that would work, or if it would need refrigeration. Will is also sink into the cake? Does anyone have a good recipe?

Thanks!

4 replies
yellowducky1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yellowducky1 Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 12:25pm
post #2 of 5

i would use sugar free strawberry jam or preserves that you can buy at any grocers.
it wouldn't need refrigeration, i don't think. otherwise here is a reciped for homemade sugar free strawberry jam
goodluck

http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1925,148163-241195,00.html

Petit-four Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Petit-four Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 2:08pm
post #3 of 5

Most jams can be made a little thicker and not soak into a cake by adding 1/2 T gelatin to 2 T cold water, let soften 2 minutes, then blend into 2 cups of warmed preserves. Stir until gelatin is mixed, and then chill to set.

If you don't use it all, it keeps just as well refirgerated as jam.

Hope this helps. icon_smile.gif

marccrand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marccrand Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 7:38pm
post #4 of 5

That's what I thought of too. I use strawberry jam all the time for filling. Sometimes I mix it with bc (of course, it's not sugar-free anymore thumbs_up.gif )and sometimes not.

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 12:27pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petit-four

Most jams can be made a little thicker and not soak into a cake by adding 1/2 T gelatin to 2 T cold water, let soften 2 minutes, then blend into 2 cups of warmed preserves. Stir until gelatin is mixed, and then chill to set.

If you don't use it all, it keeps just as well refirgerated as jam.

Hope this helps. icon_smile.gif

Thanks, that helps a lot!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%