Cccc #3 - Tomato, Basil, & Mozza!

Baking By Melvira Updated 16 Sep 2008 , 11:19pm by Meemawfish

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 1:16pm
post #91 of 145

GrandmaG.. After you post and that little x comes up you click on the words next to it and the post should open !

fiddlesticks Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 1:19pm
post #92 of 145

Well Now I see that the picture KathysCC posted back a page will no longer open ??? Maybe she just removed it because it doesent belong on this thread ?

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 1:54pm
post #93 of 145

Okay, I'm still confused on this thread. What do you mean it is passed to someone? I saw Mel posted a recipe. Is someone in particular supposed to try it, or everyone? Sorry, I'm confused.

stsapph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stsapph Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 1:57pm
post #94 of 145

Everyone can try it. If id doesn't sound like something you would like, just wait til next week and try that one. Mel will choose someone to pick the next recipe for everyone to try. If I remember correctly, the first recipe was for a carrot cupcake and the second was for a lemon.

vickymacd Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 2:02pm
post #95 of 145

Thanks for clearing it up! Sounds fun! I'm in.

GrandmaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrandmaG Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 2:40pm
post #96 of 145

Here is the link to the first CCCC. If you read the last post it has the links to the other two CCCC recipes! Have fun Vicky! Try all the recipes if you want or skip the ones you prefer not to make and critque!
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=600308&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

KathysCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathysCC Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 3:55am
post #97 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlesticks

Well Now I see that the picture KathysCC posted back a page will no longer open ??? Maybe she just removed it because it doesent belong on this thread ?

I didn't remove my picture. I don't even think I can remove it. I don't know where it went. Hmmmm.

fiddlesticks Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 1:03pm
post #98 of 145

KathysCC..Thanks for the reply .Yes we have had nothing but problems with posting pictures on threads since we got a cupcake forum. When we first started the very long cupcake thread we could post all of are results on the thread and then we got the cucake forum and cant post any pictures ?

Cookies4kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookies4kids Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 8:52pm
post #99 of 145

Gee, I can't believe how far behind you can get in just 2 weeks.
Mel--this recipe sounds great and I am so glad to see that we can add muffins. Heck, they are the same shape and I just love them. I have some great recipes to share. I have the Red Lobster recipe for those fabulous cheddar biscuits they serve if you ever want it.

vickymacd Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 8:55pm
post #100 of 145

GrandmaG~ thanks for the info! I'll get busy trying this weekend.

fiddlesticks Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 8:57pm
post #101 of 145

Oh lilybird I do I do!!! Can you see me jumping up and down waving my arms ??? HuH CAN YA ??
Im yelling Oh lilybird Please can we have it ???

Karema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karema Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 8:58pm
post #102 of 145

Did I just read that you have the recipe for chedder biscuits lily? Oh I so want that one if you you dont mind sharing.

Cookies4kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookies4kids Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 12:35am
post #103 of 145

LOL I will be happy to post the recipe but I probably shouldn't post it on here. Where is a good place to post it? I think this is probably one of those knock off recipes, but it sure tastes the same to me.

fiddlesticks Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 12:39am
post #104 of 145

Oh I dont know ? Maybe you can email it to those that want it ? Or Pm it ?
Im glad you finaly answered, My arms were getting tired of waving . And I was holdng a muffin/cupcake in each hand! LOL!

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 1:06am
post #105 of 145

Aw heck, I've been making those homemade almost as long as Red Lobster has!! hahaha, ok, not that long! But I don't mind posting it here!

Ingredients:
2 ½ cups Bisquick baking mix

¾ cup cold whole milk

4 tablespoons cold butter (1/2 stick)

¼ teaspoon garlic powder

1 heaping cup grated cheddar cheese

Bush on Top:
2 tablespoons butter, melted

¼ teaspoon dried parsley flakes

½ teaspoon garlic powder

pinch salt

Directions:
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.

2. Combine Bisquick with cold butter in a medium bowl using a pastry cutter or a large fork. You don't want to mix too thoroughly. There should be small chunks of butter in there that are about the size of peas. Add cheddar cheese, milk, and ¼ teaspoon garlic. Mix by hand until combined, but don't over mix.

3. Drop approximately ¼-cup portions of the dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet using an ice cream scoop.

4. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until the tops of the biscuits begin to turn light brown.

5. Melt 2 tablespoons butter is a small bowl in your microwave. Stir in ½ teaspoon garlic powder and the dried parsley flakes. Use a brush to spread this garlic butter over the tops of all the biscuits. Use up all of the butter. Makes one dozen biscuits.

There is also a version of this recipe on the Bisquick box itself, and its just as good if not better!!

Melvira Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 1:11am
post #106 of 145

Ok, I got sidetracked by the biscuit conversation and forgot to say, WOW I haven't been getting notices and just forgot to check in here. Now... someone asked me for my pizza muffin recipe and I, like a jerk, forgot to respond to that. You know how you read a bunch of posts, then by the time you reply, you've forgotten half of what you wanted to respond to? Ugh, sorry to whomever got dissed!! I will post that recipe later... super busy right now, just had to check in to make sure you knew I hadn't gone for good! MIL is here, leaving tomorrow morning, and I have lots of cake work, so will check in again later.

fiddlesticks Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 2:29am
post #107 of 145

Thanks Mel !

fiddlesticks Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 2:31am
post #108 of 145

Well I wondered why you had not been around for your choice of this muffin icon_surprised.gif
MIL visit ,that says it all ! icon_lol.gif

Melvira Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 2:40am
post #109 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlesticks

Well I wondered why you had not been around for your choice of this muffin icon_surprised.gif
MIL visit ,that says it all ! icon_lol.gif

No... "Please beat me to death with a rubber hammer" says it all! icon_rolleyes.gif Or... "Pardon me, but would you mind driving your five inch stiletto heel though my brain stem? Thank you!"

fiddlesticks Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 2:54am
post #110 of 145

icon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif

Meemawfish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meemawfish Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 11:25am
post #111 of 145

Glad your surviving Mel. Don't be so hard on the MIL. Remember you will be one one day. icon_lol.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 12:09pm
post #112 of 145

Ya but Mel will be a good/nice MIL.
Thats what happens after you have had a BAD one icon_smile.gif
And yep I know from experiance. icon_evil.gif
Ok commercial is over ..back to muffins/cupcakes ! icon_biggrin.gif

Melvira Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 1:12pm
post #113 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemawfish

Glad your surviving Mel. Don't be so hard on the MIL. Remember you will be one one day. icon_lol.gif

Oh, if you only knew, you wouldn't say such things. icon_rolleyes.gif You'd just hug me and say, "It'll be alright... you'll get through this!" Hehehe.

Thanks fiddle. I WOULD be a great MIL, except my boys aren't going to get married. They're going to dedicate their lives to caring for their mommy! Um, yah, you guys aren't going to want to be around when that dream crumbles! Hehehe!

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 2:18pm
post #114 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

Thanks fiddle. I WOULD be a great MIL, except my boys aren't going to get married. They're going to dedicate their lives to caring for their mommy! Um, yah, you guys aren't going to want to be around when that dream crumbles! Hehehe!

MMM~K! Why is it that the thought of my 3 girls getting married excites me and now we have a 10 month old sweet little surprise of a boy, 7 yrs after we were finished and I can't even stand the thought of him TALKING to a girl....on the phone????? icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

Melvira Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 3:21pm
post #115 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle104

MMM~K! Why is it that the thought of my 3 girls getting married excites me and now we have a 10 month old sweet little surprise of a boy, 7 yrs after we were finished and I can't even stand the thought of him TALKING to a girl....on the phone????? icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

I know... it's probably because with the girls you're involved and you're throwing this beautiful wedding for your princess... then she's going to make grandbabies for you! With your boy... another woman is coming into his life... and it's all about her. We did it to their mothers, and someday some beautiful young lady is going to do it to us. But instead of being a witch about it, I intend to be smart and make her love me, then I'll still be involved!! She'll come to me all the time for things, and I'll be there for her, even if she needs to complain about my (perfect) son. Like it should be!! thumbs_up.gif Hehehehe. This is a nice little fantasy world that I live in... you guys should really visit sometime!

Meemawfish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meemawfish Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 5:40pm
post #116 of 145

I know you will be a great MIL Mel but you are kinda of living in some fantasy world. icon_lol.gif I am a MIL now and I don't think I'm too much of a witch unless it comes to someone doing something to my sweet grand babies. icon_eek.gificon_lol.gif

Melvira Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 7:33pm
post #117 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemawfish

I know you will be a great MIL Mel but you are kinda of living in some fantasy world. icon_lol.gif I am a MIL now and I don't think I'm too much of a witch unless it comes to someone doing something to my sweet grand babies. icon_eek.gificon_lol.gif

Oh yah... but it's my fantasy... I don't wanna leave! Hahahaha!

I bet you're a great MIL. Some people are so lucky. My nephews girlfriend is the luckiest woman ever if they get married, because that sister is AWESOME!! thumbs_up.gif

Melvira Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 10:26pm
post #118 of 145

Ok, BLECH. I did not like these at all. Yes, it was a bit more bicuity than muffiny, that wasn't a problem. They just didn't taste good to me. I did not like them at all. Yuk. icon_razz.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 10:32pm
post #119 of 145

icon_lol.gif Yes they were pretty Bland ? But they were beautiful icon_smile.gif

Melvira Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 10:45pm
post #120 of 145

That would have to be because of the 9 pounds of baking powder in those suckers! Hehehehe. Whoever said they'd be great for a photo spread was dead on. They look amazing!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%