Cinderella Birthday Party

Decorating By cinta_mo_21 Updated 8 Sep 2008 , 9:57pm by CakeMakar

cinta_mo_21 Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 1:27am
post #1 of 14

Hi,
I'm new! I hope this is the right place to post...
I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas for a Cinderella party for a 3rd birthday. Or just princess parties. She is really into princesses, pink, girly girl stuff etc. She wants a mini doll cake and a castle cake so I'm attempting the wilton romantic castle kit. I thought about making mini doll cakes for the girls to decorate, but will that be too hard for 3 & 4 year olds? So far I've just made the girls no sew dresses to take home and we're going to make a castle out of cardboard boxes for the kids to play in.
Any ideas or pictures to share??? I like to go all out so let me hear the crazy ideas! The party is October 19th. Thanks!

13 replies
sisita Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 1:36am
post #2 of 14

I made this cake for a client with Cinderella Castle.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1257338.html

dg10148 Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 2:15am
post #3 of 14

I did the doll cake for my granddaughter 3rd birthday party and made all the girls that came a mini doll cake and I made sure they all had there own hair color. I made all the dress in there favorite color and at the party I had little plates with
flowers and pearls and degrees in all different colors so they could decorate there own doll and they had so much fun that all the mothers could not believe how well it went they told each other how beautiful there doll was and for the boys that came I just used clown heads and frosted them in bright colors and got boy stuff for them to put on and I put them in a box to take home. It was such a hit I am still getting calls from the moms that were there to do it for them almost a year later

dg10148 Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 2:21am
post #4 of 14

Sorry I could not send a picture the only ones I have has all the girls and boys in them showing off there creation and since they are not my kids I wont send them.

lasdulzurasdelaura Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 2:37am
post #5 of 14

Hi and welcome!!!!

I made a castle cake a few days ago, but I have another that it's a Debbie Brown design.

If you need instructions, please, let me know.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1262068

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1208577

Laura
Las Dulzuras de Laura
www.lasdulzurasdelaura.com.ar

shellzey Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 2:47am
post #6 of 14

my friend did a cinderella party and rented a cinderella costume from a costume place and had a friend dress up in it. cinderella came to the party and the girls had their picture taken with her and she did a story time (cinderella of course) with the girls. it was a huge hit

tinas-treats Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 2:55am
post #7 of 14

The Wilton castle set is great! I did a giant castle for my daughters first birthday (sorry, I don't have apicture to post right now) but I found a few problems with it. Instead of attempting to attach the lollipop sticks with chocolate to the towers to insert into the cake as they suggest, I've found it was better to drill a hole in the bottom of the post and insert a dowel rod of the same diameter into it to secure in to the cake. Chocolate doesn't stick to plastic, hence why the choclate molds are made of plastic. So the lollipop sticks fall right off.
For a princess party I did for my triplet niece's when they turned five, I did cupcake dolls. I made the half ball round cupcakes, put small doll bodies in each ( i found a tthe dollar store- I just removed the legs and put them in the cupcakes) an decorated each as a princess with the dress. I was just like the large doll cake except each kid had thier own little doll cake and had the same amount of cake. Again, I don't have a pic right now- I really need to get on that =D. Every kid and mom loved them. I displayed them on the Willton large cupcake stand and they were elegant. Just an idea. Good luck and I hope the little inforation about the Castel set helps. I will try to get pics up.

kutabby Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 3:03am
post #8 of 14

I just did a Cinderella/princess party for my daughter's 3rd b-day in May! Her cakes are in my photos. I did one for the kids party and one for the family party. We also did a castle made out of refrigerator boxes - PM me and I'll give you a website that helped us a lot! A friend of mine has a business where she comes to parties as different princesses, so she did the entertainment for me. Good luck. As long as you have enough pink and sparkle, it'll be great!

mommy_of_3_DDs Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 3:09am
post #9 of 14

I did mini dolls for my daughters 6th party; the younger cousins (4 and 5) were able to do it too.

I pre-stuck skipper dolls into the large cupcakes and provided prefilled bags of icing with various tips (2-3 diff tips per color) that were closed with the purple wilton bag tie things. I also wrapped skippers head/hair in plastic wrap.

I used medium consistency icing so they were not too hard to squeeze. I provided a ton of sprinkles and food color sprays.

The dolls were messy and obviously done by kids, but they LOVED LOVED LOVED every second of decorating their own cake!

If you want more info please PM me; I'd be glad to help! Oh and my dd also had a castle cake as the main cake (the dolls were the favor to take home).

We did a ton of girly things like made tiaras and magic wands. I made princess coloring books and gave them crayons to take home.

mmunzmarie Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 5:21pm
post #10 of 14

Kutabby,
I live in Kansas as well and I think I might be having the same princess at my girls party this Saturday!! Another friend of mine had her at a party two weeks ago and said she was amazing! Could you PM the website you used for your party? I am still trying to come up with new things for my daughters party! Thanks!!!

Jasmine33 Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 7:29pm
post #11 of 14

What I plan on doing for my dd for her birthday is the Disney Princess Castle kit by decopac.

I stole the princesses from that kit for this photo.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1256474

I bought disney princess cupcake liners and toy toppers. You can buy them individually so if you just want to do all one princess, then that is fine.

Here is the disney cupcakes in chocolate(can't see the "themed" wrappers here cause the cupcake is so dark)

http://imgsrc.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1263499&done=1

CakeMakar Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 7:37pm
post #12 of 14

oops double post!

CakeMakar Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 7:40pm
post #13 of 14

I've always liked these Cinderella cakes:
LL

CakeMakar Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 9:57pm
post #14 of 14

sorry, this one didn't show:
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%