Can Someone Plz Tell Me...

Decorating By catin Updated 8 Sep 2008 , 2:34pm by catin

catin Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 1:09am
post #1 of 4

I have a slight problem . I'm trying to make a plaque picture of an eagle with MM Fondant for this cake i have due on the 12th ... and my problem is that everytime i try to cut out the stencil on the Fondant it doesn't work as I would like . The Fondant is too sticky (reminds me of playdoh ) and the stencil marks stretches , it does alloy me to cut it correctly .

Is there any way to make the Fondant cooperate ... and let me cut out the stencil without a problem ?

Any advice would help ...

Julie

3 replies
ceshell Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 1:32am
post #2 of 4

You might want to try this in 50/50 fondant/gumpaste, or add gumtex to your fondant, so that when the plaque dries out it is not so fragile and (potentially) crumbly.

If that's not an option, then it sounds like you need to dry out your MMF a bit, either add more ps or--preferably--dust your surface with cornstarch and work some into the fondant as you knead and flatten it.

For best results you should be cutting with an Xacto knife with a brand-new blade unless you have one of those miniature metal fondant cutting wheels (not the Wilton plastic one, that thing's a piece of junk).

HTH!

kakeladi Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 10:54am
post #3 of 4

ceshell is right.......use 50/50 or straight gp.

catin Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 2:34pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you so much ... I will try the Gumtex on it ,.... Feel so stupid that I didn't think of it right away . I don't recently have any gumpaste on hand so Gumtex will be the way I will go .

Thanks for your help Ceshell and kakeladi

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%