Pink

Lounge By Homemade-Goodies Updated 10 Sep 2008 , 7:56am by Homemade-Goodies

Homemade-Goodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Homemade-Goodies Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 10:44pm
post #1 of 9

Growing up I rarely wore pink, I was a full-blown tomboy. I spent my days playing with my brothers and the neighbor kids, NEVER considered what I was wearing each day. My mom kept me in jeans and tshirts, that was fine by me!

But my 6 year old daughter is 'Opposite Me'. She considers what looks good on her, matches her clothes each morning for school, plans ahead what she'd like to wear for any given event, outing, etc. Clothes shopping is not nearly as simple as my mom had it. First of all, I didn't have to go with Mom...she grabbed a couple of things and out of the store she went. I don't have it as easy, my girl needs to come with, select the color, style, accessories and so on.

And yesterday while folding laundry I realized something. My loads of wash used to be Darks, Lights, and Whites. My daughter's extensive wardrobe has extended our laundry to now Darks, Lights, Whites... and Pinks. She has enough pink clothing to make up one completely full load of wash on its own.

Am I the only mother with this phenomenon? I seriously doubt it, but I do find this so ridiculously funny that I, the ultimate tomboy, have such a girlie girl on my hands! ...and now one extra load of laundry a week!

8 replies
mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 1:39am
post #2 of 9

My sister was a total tomboy and her little girl is VERY feminine. My neice likes tea parties, baking, dresses and shoes. My sister says that at five my niece has better fashion sense than she does. icon_lol.gif

jjkarm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjkarm Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 2:24am
post #3 of 9

Homemade-Goodies-
Don't tell anyone, but I did notice your avatar is a "pink" walking cake.....Hmmmmmmmmm? icon_confused.gif Maybe your daughter is rubbing off on you? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

jules06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules06 Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 4:12am
post #4 of 9

I had 4 boys before I was blessed with my little angel.....you bet she wears pink !!! icon_biggrin.gif

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 6:52pm
post #5 of 9

Mine loves pink, but if it's not pink, then it MUST have sparkles.

Thanks, Hannah Montana!

redhare Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redhare Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 7:13pm
post #6 of 9

OMG that is SOOO what happened to me and NOW I wear pink and am more concerned w/ how I look my 4 year old (almost 5) has rubbed off on me! WT HECK happened! LMAO.... Everything has to be pink AND or Sparkle

and I hear ya Michellenj Hannah Montana RUINED any hope I had for anything NON sparkly!

missyek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missyek Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 7:34pm
post #7 of 9

I completely understand! I was a total tom-boy growing up and never wore dresses or skirts and if I did, I pitched a fit about it (well I did wear skirts--and low cut shirts--to go out in my early 20's, but did prefer jeans... icon_lol.gif ). And wearing pink--ICK!!!! Black, brown, navy blues and dark purples--that is it! I NEVER wanted to have girls. I always said that if I had a girl, God would play his funny little joke of making her the girliest girl ever. So, never wanted any. When I was preggers with my first, I really did hope and cross my fingers for a boy--I got him. icon_biggrin.gif With the second kid, everyone said it was going to be a girl. I said no way--I don't want one, so nope. Got my second boy! icon_biggrin.gif Then, pregger with the third. Hubby insisted on a girl, I said no way. I lost this one.... I was still hopeful, though. Having two older brothers, it would be a sure and natural progression to becoming a tom-boy, right? Um, NO!!! By the age of one, she was already very girly and by age two, so could not wear pants. It was a fight every day to get ready--she HAD to wear a dress. And everything, I mean, EVERYTHING had to be pink or purple. And yes, my friends laughed at me--poor me... icon_cry.gificon_wink.gif I would say, right around the time she turned three, I started noticing changes in my wardrobe. it started with a pink polo--yeah, caught a bunch a crap for that! But not as much when I actually bought pink sketchers and a pink back pack. I got mocked for a very long time... Now, I have different shades of pink and other colors in my wardrobe (except yellow... just can't do that color! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif It just look bad!). As for the little girl, I have let her know that there are other colors other than pink and purple and that sometimes pants and shorts can be cute... So, she has changed a bit as well. icon_biggrin.gif If you want to see a pic of my pretty princess (sans pink... LOL), you can check out my flickr site which is in my profile.

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 3:17am
post #8 of 9

I was always from those ppl that if I noticed something was "in", it was already "out". My first dd, at the age of 5, was copying her preschool teacher's hairstyle!! Every morning, she got dressed quickly, cause she wanted me to do another elaborate hairdo. I would try to tell her that there was no time, so she would get ready very quickly!! But now she's almost 8, and she drives me nuts - Mom, you gotta change your hairstyle, why do you wear such shoes, the baby got your top dirty....

Homemade-Goodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Homemade-Goodies Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 7:56am
post #9 of 9

jjkarm, you are absolutely right! I have really started to incorporate more pink in my life, decorating.

My sweet little honey told me the other day I looked alright, "for you" - so I guess I still have a ways to go!! icon_lol.gif haha

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%