Anyone Going? Bakery Expo Atlantic City Nj

Decorating By FatAndHappy Updated 15 Sep 2008 , 6:50pm by nissi01

FatAndHappy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FatAndHappy Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 6:02pm
post #1 of 14

Just wondering if anyone was going? I know there were lots of amazing cakes there 2 years ago when Sue and I went. Anyone entering a cake? Or just attending for all the cool free stuff? icon_biggrin.gif We can't wait!

13 replies
Cakenicing4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakenicing4u Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 6:11pm
post #2 of 14

Me and the bosslady will be there!! As with other shows, I'll be attaching some mardi gras beads to my wheely Wilton bag that's sure to be heavy!!

Taking any classes? The House of Clarendon delivers to my area, and I'm truly excited to take a class with Julie Bashore on Fondant techniques!! My bosslady is taking the carving class with Bronwen and she is super excited... we're staying right at the convention center!!

joenshan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joenshan Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 6:12pm
post #3 of 14

when/where is it?

MrsLev557 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsLev557 Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 6:20pm
post #4 of 14

The Expo is at Atlantic City Convention Center Sept 21-23, 2008.

I would love to go and look at all the beautiful cakes, but its and Industry-Only event not for the novice baker. I live like 15 mins from there. icon_cry.gif

Here is the link to home page http://www.bakeryexposition.com/home_att.cfm

Cakenicing4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakenicing4u Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 6:22pm
post #5 of 14

HA! If only we could skim the rules and say that an addiction here makes us qualified to go....

If it wasn't for my bosslady I couldn't go.. and I'm on the fence about opening my own shop as she backs down her business, so this will be a real eye-opener for what's out there!!

I can't wait!!

sugarflour2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarflour2 Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 9:06pm
post #6 of 14

MrsLev557 I'd call and speak with someone at the cake show. I know a few people that are going that are just home decorators. Please call and find out.

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 9:15pm
post #7 of 14

We have our tags and such, with my DH's new job, arent' sure he can take any time off. But we are working on it and sure hope to go! We aren't taking any of the hands on classes, just want to sit through all the freebie seminars on the Biz.

Where is everyone staying? If you are going, please PM me, as I would love to exchange cell phone numbers and maybe we can get everyone together for a dinner or lunch or something!

DMCG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DMCG Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 1:50pm
post #8 of 14

Signing up now!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif
I'm so excited to sit through the seminars. Hopefully next year, I'll sign up in time to take some of the hands on classes. DH is going to keep me company, you know what they say, two heads is better than one. He'll take his notes and then we'll compare.

I hope we can meet up with some of you! icon_wink.gif

Danielle

robinscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robinscakes Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 5:09pm
post #9 of 14

There is another post about this in the business forum.

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-6086085-.html#6086085

I am going, and I'm very excited! I went last year in Las Vegas and had a great time. I'm taking the Bronwen class on the 22nd.

When I signed up this year and last year, I really didn't need to document myself as an official bakery with any kind of information. I just signed up and put all my info down. I do work from an actual bakery with a storefront, so it wasn't an issue for me, but I bet you could just put down your home business name and that would be enough. They say it's only open to the trade, but like I said, I didn't have to prove I was a legitimate bakery.

Anyone else going, and where are you staying?

nissi01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nissi01 Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 7:09pm
post #10 of 14

Too bad this is an "Industry Only" event icon_mad.gif . I would have loved to check this out, and I live soo close by. (I live like 10 mins away) icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

FatAndHappy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FatAndHappy Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 3:14pm
post #11 of 14

I don't think it is industry only - but I would check. Yes, Sue and I are taking the Bronwen class! We can hardly wait! We went 2 years ago and and had so much fun with Ron-Ben Isreal especially. He is so funny and animated, what a great guy to learn from! We talked a long time with Keegan from the food network. He was so nice and gracious! We really want our photo with Bronwen for our wall of fame! It will be complete!

See you all there!

nissi01 Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 4:43pm
post #12 of 14

I just got an email from he organizers for the Expo in Atlantic City, NJ. They said that I could register by email for the event even though my home cake decorating business does not have to be licensed in NJ. Im pretty exited. I cant wait to go....... Thank goodness I live 10 minutes out of the city.

icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

Denise

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 4:49pm
post #13 of 14

If you check out the events forem, we are trying to get a list of people going and see if we can meet somewhere! also, if you tied a blue or rose colored ribbon around your purse, bag, whatever, we know you are from CC and would love to say hi!!!

We are also going to a lot of the exhibit seminars...and yes, a home bakery is considered a business, so you can go!! I bet even home bakers/hobbiest can go, I don't think they check for a business card or anything.

nissi01 Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 6:50pm
post #14 of 14

Loriemoms i will def wear my blue or rose ribbon.

i just got an email from them and all they said that i need to register is the badge and thats it. im going to register when i get home from work tonight. (cant do it at work and the organizers said to register online)

I look forward to meeting some of the CC gang there.

Denise

thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%