Need Ideas For Kids Day

Decorating By seagoat Updated 8 Sep 2008 , 1:53pm by seagoat

seagoat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
seagoat Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 4:48pm
post #1 of 9

Hello fellow CC'ers

Here in Costa Rica we have a special day for kids (hence kids day). I want to make something small and cute, for the parents to be able to buy for their kids special day...but I'm stuck as to what~ It can't be something too expensive nor too big. I have til this Tuesday, September 9th.

Please help with your wonderful ideas

Thank you,

Jessica

8 replies
seagoat Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 5:37pm
post #2 of 9

Anyone?

seagoat Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 7:50pm
post #3 of 9

well...I guess today wasn't a good day to ask for ideas... I know my brain doesn't work on Sundays...I'll ask again tomorrow lol

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 8:21pm
post #4 of 9

how about these mini tacos (they're REALLY fast to make a ton, I'll bet you could charge $1.00 each or so)...or ladybugs? What's popular there?
LL
LL

missnyc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missnyc Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 8:35pm
post #5 of 9

How about making cupcake pops from Bakerella's blog (link below). They can be packaged individualy in mini candy bags and tied with a co-ordinating ribbon.

I made some reacently and found bakerella's instructions very easy to follow. (pics are on here)

http://bakerella.blogspot.com/2008_04_01_archive.html

(you will need to scroll down past the garfield cupcakes and choc chip cookie pie to get to the cupcake pops)

Nikki icon_smile.gif

seagoat Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 1:04am
post #6 of 9

KHalstead

Those are TOO cute! Don't have tacos here but love the idea. We do eat alot of tamales, rice..beans... Also have tons of iguanas here also.

SandyLemke Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandyLemke Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 1:37am
post #7 of 9

a similar thread is going on elsewhere and an idea someone posted was cake balls.

I needed an idea too for an event at my son's school the 18th so I made some practice ones today and posted the photo. It's not hard and the recipe is in this site's recipe section.

I suggest using a melon baller to form the balls. I have the one from Pampered Chef that scrapes out the cake and it worked great.

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 4:37am
post #8 of 9

My vote is either cookies, cupcakes or cake balls! Whatever's fast, easy, looks and tastes good! icon_biggrin.gif

seagoat Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 1:53pm
post #9 of 9

Funny, that was my vote also..

Think it will be cookies and jumbo cupcakes....

I really want to try the cakeballs but don't think it will do as well as the others for this occasion.

Thanks again....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%