Need Ideas For Kids Day

Decorating By seagoat Updated 8 Sep 2008 , 1:53pm by seagoat

seagoat Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 4:48pm
post #1 of 9

Hello fellow CC'ers

Here in Costa Rica we have a special day for kids (hence kids day). I want to make something small and cute, for the parents to be able to buy for their kids special day...but I'm stuck as to what~ It can't be something too expensive nor too big. I have til this Tuesday, September 9th.

Please help with your wonderful ideas

Thank you,

Jessica

8 replies
seagoat Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 5:37pm
post #2 of 9

Anyone?

seagoat Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 7:50pm
post #3 of 9

well...I guess today wasn't a good day to ask for ideas... I know my brain doesn't work on Sundays...I'll ask again tomorrow lol

KHalstead Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 8:21pm
post #4 of 9

how about these mini tacos (they're REALLY fast to make a ton, I'll bet you could charge $1.00 each or so)...or ladybugs? What's popular there?
LL
LL

missnyc Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 8:35pm
post #5 of 9

How about making cupcake pops from Bakerella's blog (link below). They can be packaged individualy in mini candy bags and tied with a co-ordinating ribbon.

I made some reacently and found bakerella's instructions very easy to follow. (pics are on here)

http://bakerella.blogspot.com/2008_04_01_archive.html

(you will need to scroll down past the garfield cupcakes and choc chip cookie pie to get to the cupcake pops)

Nikki icon_smile.gif

seagoat Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 1:04am
post #6 of 9

KHalstead

Those are TOO cute! Don't have tacos here but love the idea. We do eat alot of tamales, rice..beans... Also have tons of iguanas here also.

SandyLemke Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 1:37am
post #7 of 9

a similar thread is going on elsewhere and an idea someone posted was cake balls.

I needed an idea too for an event at my son's school the 18th so I made some practice ones today and posted the photo. It's not hard and the recipe is in this site's recipe section.

I suggest using a melon baller to form the balls. I have the one from Pampered Chef that scrapes out the cake and it worked great.

xstitcher Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 4:37am
post #8 of 9

My vote is either cookies, cupcakes or cake balls! Whatever's fast, easy, looks and tastes good! icon_biggrin.gif

seagoat Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 1:53pm
post #9 of 9

Funny, that was my vote also..

Think it will be cookies and jumbo cupcakes....

I really want to try the cakeballs but don't think it will do as well as the others for this occasion.

Thanks again....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%