lilahcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilahcakes Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 4:33pm
post #1 of 14

Could someone tell me what this does and where to find it. icon_redface.gif

13 replies
janebrophy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janebrophy Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 4:53pm
post #2 of 14

It is a highly concentrated flavour. I think it is made for flavouring candy, but can be used in other things. I've used it in cake batter, and in BC icing. A few drops goes a really long way...

lilahcakes Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 4:57pm
post #3 of 14

OH! thanks . I bet I can get it in the candy making section at hobby lobby! thumbs_up.gif

Bossy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bossy Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 5:00pm
post #4 of 14

janebrophy is correct. Very concentrated oil based flavors as opsed to the alcohol based ones in the grocery store. They can be used in candy because they do not cuase the chocolate to seize up. I use a tiny eye dropper to add just a couple of drops into my cakes, frostings and candy. Don't think you can use them in royal icing though, the oil would probably disolve the frosting!

Cakerer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakerer Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 5:05pm
post #5 of 14

My hobby lobby only has a few select flavors, such as peppermint, cinnamon, etc; however, if you go to a cake supply store, the flavors are endless, including pineapple, butter, caramel, cheesecake, bubblegum, pina colada, butterscotch, strawberry, cherry....the list goes on and on.

seagoat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
seagoat Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 5:07pm
post #6 of 14

I use the Orange emulsion and the Buttery Sweet Dough flavoring....so good. They also have tons of flavorings for candy, chocolates, ice cream and also soaps and lotions. Check out their website at www.lorannoils.com

lilahcakes Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 5:08pm
post #7 of 14

icon_surprised.gif WOW i did think they would have all those flavors! They sound GOOD!!

gateauxdamour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateauxdamour Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 5:22pm
post #8 of 14

The cheesecake flavor is fantastic in buttercream! Pair it with a french vanilla cake and people rave!

mommy_of_3_DDs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommy_of_3_DDs Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 5:26pm
post #9 of 14

Weird but my Wal-Mart pharmacy sells it on their pick up counter. I use it to make candy. It is very strong flavored! I know a lot use it to flavor icing and cake as well.

https://www.lorannoils.com/

lilahcakes Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 5:46pm
post #10 of 14

ohh great!!! I cant wait to try some!

janebrophy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janebrophy Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 6:21pm
post #11 of 14

I have to try some of these ideas! You guys make them sound so delicious! I think I'll order some of the flavours from their website, as I can only find the "boring" ones here!

pinkpiggie78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkpiggie78 Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 1:45am
post #12 of 14

I purchased some on ebay... turned out cheaper than AC Moore. I love them!

And no, you can't use them in Royal Icing....

banba Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
banba Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 9:44pm
post #13 of 14

I have used them in royal icing without any problems, always use a dropper when adding them to royal so you don't add too much!

Lady_Phoenix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lady_Phoenix Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 10:03pm
post #14 of 14

If you use cinnamon or any of the mint oils in a hot candy, be careful! Keep your face away from the steam, it can cause burns. And even with your head back your sinuses WILL be cleared! lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%