Gp Flowers Won Blue Ribbon And $35!

Decorating By JoAnnB Updated 8 Sep 2008 , 11:24am by kakeladi

JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 3:53am
post #1 of 8

I entered my gumpaste flowers in the state fair and I got the blue ribbon. I didn't know about the cash prize until the check came in the mail today. Time to shop!

My cake took a third prize, no money, but a ribbon. It is the Green tiered cake with brushed embroidery. I was pleased with it, but a tiny bit dissapointed in the critique I received. Maybe next year.

7 replies
xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 3:59am
post #2 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnnB

I entered my gumpaste flowers in the state fair and I got the blue ribbon. I didn't know about the cash prize until the check came in the mail today. Time to shop!

My cake took a third prize, no money, but a ribbon. It is the Green tiered cake with brushed embroidery. I was pleased with it, but a tiny bit dissapointed in the critique I received. Maybe next year.

Congrats on the blue ribbon and the bonus "cash" prize. I tried to look at the pic in your photos but it wouldn't open up for me.

Your green tiered cake I was able to see however and it's gorgeous, it's in my fav's. I think a ribbon was due!!!

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 4:20pm
post #3 of 8

Congratulations - your brush embroidery and gumpaste work is fabulous! And, $35 in new cake toys ain't half bad thumbs_up.gif

lilahcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilahcakes Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 4:29pm
post #4 of 8

Thats soo great !! congrats!!!

charlieinMO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charlieinMO Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 5:49pm
post #5 of 8

Congrats!!! Very exciting. Your work is beautiful.

Sugarflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarflowers Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 9:47pm
post #6 of 8

Congratulations! Good job and the cake as well.

Michele

JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 5:16am
post #7 of 8

Thank you!all!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 11:24am
post #8 of 8

Hold your head up high. Don't let the judge(s) talk you down. Do you know anything about them? Often they know *nothing* about cake decorating but are like the editors of the local newspaper's women's page icon_sad.gif
That brushed embroidery cake is terrific!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%