Tire Blow Out During Wedding Cake Delivery

Decorating By Nbogdala Updated 8 Sep 2008 , 5:50am by Denise

Nbogdala Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nbogdala Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 2:33am
post #1 of 5

this is only my second post, but I have been a member for a while , and actually joined the Friday night club last nightit feels good to talk to people that can relate...anyway, talk about a night mare, I just got back a little while ago, but on my way to delivery my 5 tier cake and grooms cake I hear a pop, I started to panic, relize I had a blowout , still, 7 miles away from the reception site, I drove all the way there at 1 mile per hour, with a shredded tire and rim, by now I am in complete freak out mode ...hypervenilating mode in fact, just thinking I will be refunding the bride $1000 bucks if I didnt get the cake there in 1 peice,, anyway....I made it there got the cake set up , had to fix a couple of problems from all the bumping around , but in the end it was beautiful,and the reception room was lite with candles which is great for hiding a couple of inperfections caused by the bumbing(they were on the side anyway,actually, no one else notice, but I am kinda figuring out here that all us cake folks are perfectionist, and our own worst critic,.. anyway I left just as the the first reception guest starting coming in, luckily I knew the florist and her husband put a donut on while I got the cake set up... Anyway, some how , the day was salvaged, and I am off to take a hot shower and put on some comfy house shoes, and not think about cake deliverys for a couple of days....

4 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 2:56am
post #2 of 5

Wow that was a heart thumper--good save, bravo and I hope you had a relaxing evening.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 2:57am
post #3 of 5

OMG worst nightmare icon_cry.gif Thank goodness everything turned out o.k. for you. It's a good thing we gals (and guys) are tough, cake making/delivering is not for sissys icon_cool.gif Post a picture if you have one.

Parable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Parable Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 3:21am
post #4 of 5

Yea! I want to see the cake too.

Denise Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Denise Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 5:50am
post #5 of 5

Well thank God you are alright. Not having cake won't kill anyone but blowouts can! I am glad you and the cake are ok...take a rest and breath deep!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%