Raspberry Swirl Cake?

Decorating By pjaycakes Updated 7 Sep 2008 , 10:47am by shanasweets

pjaycakes Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 1:24am
post #1 of 8

How would I make a raspberry swirl in white cake batter. I'm thinking she wants some kind of fruit or preserve swirled into the cake batter before baking. Which would you use, if either.

By the way I really missed this board. I've been so busy trying to start my new business and although I am only renting a kitchen it sure has been alot of work. I have been reading a few posts now and then, but really haven't had time to sit long enough to respond to any.

7 replies
kakeladi Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 1:28am
post #2 of 8

You are the right trackicon_smile.gif
That's what I would do - jam is o.k. but preserves will have some chunks of fruit in it.
Another idea is to save out some of the batter and add some raspberry jello (dry) to it, then swirl that in.
Good luck w/your new business.
Hope Ike doesn't hurt you folks in FL very bad.

sweetcakes Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 1:32am
post #3 of 8

months back i researched this recipe, and most call for removing 1/2 to 1 cup of batter and stiring in raspberry jam then swirling it over the other batter in the pan and mix lightly .

barbaranoel Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 1:37am
post #4 of 8

Here is what I have done in the past. Take a can of pie filling and swirl it into the cake batter after you've poured the batter into the pan. Now, I don't know if they have that kind of pie filling in the can or not, but you can give it a try.

pjaycakes Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 2:35am
post #5 of 8

Thanks everyone. I think she is looking for more of a fruity swirl, so I think I'll look for the pie filling. If nothing else I can make some raspberry fruit filling from scratch and swirl that in.

alanahodgson Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 3:25am
post #6 of 8

In this video, it looks like she just uses the sleeved fillings you can purchase at cake supply shops. I've done a strawberry swirl w/ strawberries that were cooked till soft, drained, the pureed with sugar to taste.

pjaycakes Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 9:51am
post #7 of 8

Thanks Alana. That was an interesting video. I think I'll try the sleeve filling (much easier for me) icon_wink.gif

shanasweets Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 10:47am
post #8 of 8

I buy rasp. filling premade in a sleeve. at the cake supply store. I just plop some in small piles throught cake and took a butter knife and swirled it around. Now depending on how much you swirl it might look marbled if you go to much, so just depends on how much you want.

Quote by @%username% on %date%