What Is Everyones "real" Job?

Lounge By hammer1 Updated 27 Sep 2013 , 5:29pm by ECC12

psanders76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psanders76 Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 8:25pm
post #211 of 573

I am the Director of Sales & Marketing for a hotel group.

cmp24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cmp24 Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 3:11am
post #212 of 573

I'm a single mom of 3 boys, one being a teenager, and an Ast Mgr at m local Sonic. I got started decorating cakes when I was younger, but my husband at the time had me get rid of all my stuff. I'm getting back into decorating, and I'm having fun. My best friend and I are addicted to this website, and I plan on decorating lots of cakes for upcoming Holidays, and children's birthdays.

hammer1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hammer1 Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 3:56pm
post #213 of 573

how some of you newbies adding to this thread and give "the officially embarassed" one a rest.

icon_biggrin.gif

cookieman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookieman Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 4:11pm
post #214 of 573

I'm a copywriter for a major department store. I write copy for direct mail catalogs and newspaper ads. In fact, I bet many of you have some of my writing at your house right now in one of three places: in the mail box, on the kitchen table or in the garbage! icon_lol.gif

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 4:12pm
post #215 of 573

I design wedding cakes...and decorate whatever peoples desire for their weddings...This is my real job!...lol
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

cakesbykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbykitty Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 4:16pm
post #216 of 573

I am/was a full time at-home-mom, but I am thrilled to say that I just opened a cake shop with an amazing partner and it has taken off like crazy. WOOOO HOOOOO!

eldag0615 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eldag0615 Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 4:16pm
post #217 of 573

SAHM.

hammer1 Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 4:17pm
post #218 of 573

yes tonedna i can see that you really are a wedding cake designer. beautiful pictures. i may have never looked if i had kep reading that other thread. thanks for adding to this one.

and cookie man, thanks for joining this one and adding to it, i bet you are correct, we all have seen, read or used your work for something.
hammer1

tripleD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tripleD Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 4:20pm
post #219 of 573

I am now a SAHM! I love it. I just quite my job of 14 yrs. as a unhappy Bank Teller. I have 3 fantastic boys and a husband who dairy farms. I don't farm... We made a deal when we got married. I don't ask him to vaccum or do dishes He don't ask me to milk cows or put up hay. That wisdom came from his 87 year old grandmother wise wise women.Decorating cakes has been my passion since I was 13. I decorated on and off for many years but have gotton back into it in the last three years. When I found out that no matter how tired I was from work I was happiest in my kitchen. My boys say they like my smell of cake when they hugme.

kbak37 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kbak37 Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 4:20pm
post #220 of 573

Yeah.. a break from the thread from hell! By day I am a respiratory therapist (by night sometimes too) but I think about cake all day. icon_lol.gif

hammer1 Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 4:21pm
post #221 of 573

cookie man you need a cookie avatar. your cookies are beautiful.
hammer1

irish559 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
irish559 Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 4:23pm
post #222 of 573

Newbie here chiming in....I'm a pharmaceutical sales rep by day, but a CC addict by night. Discovered this site a few months ago and it has consumed most of my free time! I can only hope to one day create some of the amazing cakes I've seen on here.

msulli10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 4:26pm
post #223 of 573

I'm a psychiatric social worker by day!

hammer1 Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 4:26pm
post #224 of 573

thanks for joining kbak37 and triple D. your work looks great. check out this thread and enjoy it, its probably more beneficial. and it makes you actually want to check out the other members work. we have so many talented people on this site. i appreciate all the ideas and help i have gotten from this site. I actually stumbled onto this site when i was looking at duff goldman's site....thanks duff

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 4:26pm
post #225 of 573

Retired military. Now, part-time office manager. Just started decorating in October and LOVE it!! Debbie

tarheelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheelgirl Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 4:29pm
post #226 of 573

I am a mom of 2 and baker! On the weekends... a Domestic Engineer! icon_lol.gif Baking is my full time "real" job!

mbpbrighteyes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbpbrighteyes Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 4:32pm
post #227 of 573

I work at a fitness facility- how wrong is that?!! Cake addict/fitness guru! LOL!!

pianocat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pianocat Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 4:33pm
post #228 of 573

I am a administrative assistant for a pool company, which was a business I owned at one time and sold. Now I just work there-put in my time and go home with none of the headaches! I am also a choir director and pianist at my church. I decorate for fun, but would love to do it part time as a job.

Ayanami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ayanami Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 4:36pm
post #229 of 573

My J.O.B. (Journey Of the Broke) is at my husbands Family Business. WoHoo! icon_confused.gif I sell aftermarket truck accessories & trailer towing & repair parts. I also rent equipment (bobcats, backhoes, trailers, lawn & garden equipment) to both homeowners & conractors. I also rent out Budget box moving trucks. Aaannd I am am unpaid babysitter for my 2 nephew & 1 niece who come to work everyday. whew! That's what I do when I'm not making cakes.

I make my cakes in the evening & on Sundays (I usually work Mon-Sat) so I have to do a little each night for multiple nights until my cakes are complete. Like I'll do any MMF cutouts or RI flowers & make my BC on Day 1, Bake my cake on Day 2 then ice & decorate the cake on Day 3, deliver cake on Day 4.

LetThereBeCake07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LetThereBeCake07 Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 4:39pm
post #230 of 573

I am a substitue teacher...or at least I was till all our budget cuts! I have only worked 1 day in two weeks...UGH!
I am also a mom and vol. at our church. Cakes are my creative outlet and some extra money to pay the bills...but right now it may end up being my "real job". Now, I just need some more cake orders and I'll be all set icon_smile.gif

chilz822 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chilz822 Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 4:39pm
post #231 of 573

I'm a callcenter supervisor and also a jewelry designer. My background is in sales, mainly business to business. I started making jewelry as a way to relax while on the callcenter job. I'm new to decorating and loving it... it's just an extension of relaxation.

ColeAlayne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ColeAlayne Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 4:43pm
post #232 of 573

I work as a financial accountant 2-3 days a week and am a SAHM of a spunky 17 month-old the rest of the week. My company was accomodating and let me go part-time after I had my daughter. Baking has always been a hobby but I got into serious decorating about 2 years ago. All my decorating is done while the little one is asleep...she won't let me out of her sight long enough otherwise!

renee2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
renee2007 Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 4:46pm
post #233 of 573

I am a daycare provider icon_smile.gif

SpoonfulofSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpoonfulofSugar Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 4:49pm
post #234 of 573

I'm a recruiter but would really like to bake cakes full time...that's the goal and plan. I cannot take sitting at the computer much longer! I need to be up and moving and being creative.

hammer1 Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 4:50pm
post #235 of 573

colealayne....i just finished an acocunting class at college and i can see why you are baking cakes. i have taught for 29 culinary arts and living skills for 20 years and thought it would be nice to take some business classes, so i took accounting. all i can say it WHY?....i never got so tired of writing the same things over and over again...i think i'll stick to my record keeping and baking my cakes.

Wing-Ding Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wing-Ding Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 4:50pm
post #236 of 573

I am the purchasing manager for an audio/visual integration company in the contracting division (in Ca and Az) and I also purchase for the touring division in Nashville. I work full time and I am also a student studying criminal justice, Russian, Arabic and will start back on Spanish next year. On top of that I have a 13 yr old autistic son who is in school. I make the time to decorate though because I love it!

zoomzone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoomzone Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 4:53pm
post #237 of 573

I am the office manager for an optometrist/optical office. I have been here 25 years!
Before I was married (27 years) I was a Respiratory Therapist- but when we married we moved to the mtns near Asheville NC and there was only 1 hospital and they didn't employ more than 1 tech a shift at the time and didn't need any help. The only other hospital was 50 miles away in Boone. But that worked out well since my 1st daughter came along after a year and then I didn't want to work full time.
My DH and I have 2 DD (1 is a CPA and 2 is in Grad School for her MBA)
I bake for friends, family and co workers, actually keeps me busy enough!
Thank God for CC, I have learned so much here.

danyellkepp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
danyellkepp Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 4:57pm
post #238 of 573

I am the office manager for the nations largest inground swimming pool company.

ColeAlayne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ColeAlayne Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 4:59pm
post #239 of 573
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer1

colealayne....i just finished an acocunting class at college and i can see why you are baking cakes. i have taught for 29 culinary arts and living skills for 20 years and thought it would be nice to take some business classes, so i took accounting. all i can say it WHY?....i never got so tired of writing the same things over and over again...i think i'll stick to my record keeping and baking my cakes.

Too funny! I would kill to trade places with you. If I could do it all over again I would go to cullinary school in a heartbeat.

toricp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toricp Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 5:03pm
post #240 of 573

My fulltime job is a SAHM of 3 beautiful girls. Which is great because it allows me time to work on cakes, although, most of the work is done when the older 2 are at school and when they are all asleep.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%