Angel Wings And Bubbles!

Decorating By lflowermoon Updated 4 Oct 2008 , 3:39am by lflowermoon

lflowermoon Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 5:19pm
post #1 of 22

icon_biggrin.gif My niece's birthday is coming soon. Her theme is angel wings and bubbles....Any suggestions? Thanks! icon_smile.gif

21 replies
lflowermoon Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 5:59pm
post #2 of 22

The color scheme is pink, yellow and green ( this is the easy part!) icon_biggrin.gif

lflowermoon Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 7:22pm
post #3 of 22

Anybody there?...
I just ordered angel wings at First Impression Molds.
What about the bubbles?

Teena_Marie Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 7:33pm
post #4 of 22

i have no idea how to make bubbles. i've heard you can blow sugar bubbles, but ive never attempted it. maybe just roll fondant balls and luster dust them? or make a bubble jug tipped over with bubbles spilling out and a little angel with wings playing in it?? sorry im not much help

kakeladi Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 10:08pm
post #5 of 22

Blown sugar is a very, very difficult task icon_sad.gif
Try using styro balls covered w/fondant OR just straight fondant one depending on how big you want them. OR use gumballs or some kind of candy balls if you can find white ones.
Any of the ab ove options can be dusted w/pearl dust.

lflowermoon Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 10:23pm
post #6 of 22

I still cannot picture a cake with angel wings and bubbles. How would you incorporate both in the design?

Lady_Phoenix Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 10:32pm
post #7 of 22

What about making an angel or angels from fondant or gumpaste and having each blowing bubbles. They could be laying on their tummies and the bibbles in front of them.

mixinvixen Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 10:40pm
post #8 of 22

i'm somewhat in search of the same thing myself. my friend loves "faeries", and sent me a link to an artist by the name of "amy brown" who is famous for her faery (fairy) artwork. the design i am going with is from her "bubbles' line...it's a faery sitting on a flower blowing bubbles. it could easily be changed to an angel.

http://www.amybrownart.com/g_open_bubbles_01.asp

lflowermoon Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 11:16pm
post #9 of 22

icon_biggrin.gif Wow, what a great website, thank you! I love the designs. My niece will be 14, and she says she is too old for fairies, though....How can I use some of the ideas from the website (without the figurines)?

mixinvixen Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 11:31pm
post #10 of 22

actually, the people that are generally attracted to "faeries" are grownups who like medieval or renaissance style things. in fact, my client/friend is married with an adult son. i think that your niece is thinking more along the lines of tinkerbell and such (but then again, alot of adults love her too!)

i was actually planning on using a barbie and then just putting gumpaste robes and wings on her.

lflowermoon Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 12:06am
post #11 of 22

I know that those fairies look for a grown up audience, but my niece does not want an actual fairy....I really love those fairies from the website with wings and bubbles...Any other suggestions on how to use the designs? Thanks!

mixinvixen Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 12:28am
post #12 of 22

take the same design concept, but put a halo on top of the head and make the wings more rounded like angel wings (not butterfly like) and it's suddenly an angel. brush the wings and clothing and such with pearl dust or even disco dust, maybe spread a bit of it around the angel, and voila!!

i'm planning on making the wings ahead of time out of gumpaste, let it dry extremely hard, and then place it on the barbie...this is strictly in my head at this stage of the game, so whether that works or not is unproven.

maybe have the angel sitting on the side of a bathtub filled with fondant bubbles, like she's just getting ready to relax! put some flowers floating among the bubbles and spead around the disco dust.

you have a tough one here, cause your niece is at the strange in-between age..not yet a woman, but definitely not a child. sorry, my mind is kinda blank right now.

starla

lflowermoon Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 1:01am
post #13 of 22

You are right! That's why she does not want a fairy! No "bodies", just wings... Any ideas? How can I avoid the fairies and decorate the cake just with the wings?......

lflowermoon Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 1:03am
post #14 of 22

Starla, thank you so much for your thoughts! thumbs_up.gif

kjt Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 3:35am
post #15 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by lflowermoon

No "bodies", just wings... Any ideas? How can I avoid the fairies and decorate the cake just with the wings?......

Wow...does she have any pictures, or is this idea just in her head?
She'd rather not have the angels icon_confused.gif If you can talk her into (I mean gently suggest) using them, I think the previous idea that Lady_Phoenix suggested is really cute.

Good luck!

lflowermoon Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 3:40am
post #16 of 22

I will try, but how do you make the angels? I cannot use a doll....Have you seen the website that Starla posted?It is so cool!
http://www.amybrownart.com/g_open_bubbles_01.asp

Lady_Phoenix Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 3:51am
post #17 of 22

There is a very good article here on cake central on how to make fondant faeries. Also check out books on polymer clay modeling for ideas.

Teena_Marie Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 4:47am
post #18 of 22

if you figure out how to make the figurines, here is another cute idea where the fairy can easily be changed to an angel

http://carouselgift.com/productview.asp?ProdIDview=2366

lflowermoon Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 1:57pm
post #19 of 22

Thank you so much to all of you! I talked to my niece, but she really does not want the fairies or the angels....just the wings!

Teena_Marie Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 4:12pm
post #20 of 22

how about putting the angel wings on the bubbles themselves?

lflowermoon Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 4:17pm
post #21 of 22

Brilliant!!!!!!!!!

lflowermoon Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 3:39am
post #22 of 22

icon_smile.gif Hi everybody,
this is the cake. Hope you like it.
Thanks for all your help.
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%