Best Cake Leveler?

Decorating By caincakemaker Updated 6 Sep 2008 , 12:59pm by BlueDevil

caincakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caincakemaker Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 6:11am
post #1 of 12

I have been having serious issues on my 2-3 cakes with them not being level. This has not been one of my (many) issues in the past and it is really killing me. I have decided that my cake leveler must be the culprit. It was given to me by a friend about (don't laugh) 12 years ago and it was a very expensive leveler at the time. I can't believe I am just now figuring out that this may be the problem. I even got the level out and checked my countertops! Anyway, any suggestions on your favorite way/device for getting perfectly level cakes? Thanks so much!

11 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 6:21am
post #2 of 12

Every time this question gets asked, the answer is always the same - Agbay.

HollyPJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HollyPJ Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 6:30am
post #3 of 12

Agbay Agbay Agbay

(My husband said one day, "Why is their company name 'bag' in Pig Latin?" icon_razz.gif

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 10:17am
post #4 of 12

Oh yes. its the AGBAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 11:15am
post #5 of 12

A long sharp knife and good muscle memory icon_smile.gif

Seriously cake people, this is a really good skill to learn. There is always a knife, not always a doo-dad.

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 11:20am
post #6 of 12

A long sharp knife and good muscle memory icon_smile.gif

Seriously cake people, this is a really good skill to learn. There is always a knife, not always a doo-dad.

jibbies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jibbies Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 11:42am
post #7 of 12

When you tort your layer and it is not level, if you put it back EXACTLY the way it came off it will be fine. KoryAk is right about not always having gadgets.

Jibbies

BlueDevil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlueDevil Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 12:03pm
post #8 of 12

Agbay. When you absolutely positively have to tort every <bleeping> cake...accept no substitute. icon_surprised.gif

Ladies, the reason we have the itnernet and cake stores is so we can always BUY gadgets! I have done microvascular surgery and I still use my lovely gadget! icon_biggrin.gif

sugarcheryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarcheryl Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 12:05pm
post #9 of 12

I just saw the demo for Agbay that is a great tool. I must have it. Thanks for the info Leah.

CakeDiane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiane Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 12:14pm
post #10 of 12

I resisted the Agbay for quite awhile because of the price...but when I broke down and treated myself to one for my birthday--it was worth every penny!! Agbay all the way!

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 12:20pm
post #11 of 12

I had wanted an Agbay for quite some time but because I don't do that many cakes, I couldn't justify the cost. My hubby overheard me one day talking about it and he surprised me with one on my birthday. It's the best thing since apple pie!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

BlueDevil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlueDevil Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 12:59pm
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarcheryl

I just saw the demo for Agbay that is a great tool. I must have it. Thanks for the info Leah.

Must...have...more...cake...gadgets... icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%