Friday Night Cake Club

Decorating By leah_s Updated 6 Sep 2008 , 4:56pm by leah_s

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 5:41am
post #61 of 83

I do my best cake decorating after midnight I love it because its so quite in the house and I have the TV going on the channel I want it on and I'm in my own little world. icon_biggrin.gif

Molly

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 5:43am
post #62 of 83

I'm up dipping marshmallows in melted chocolate, and rolling them in crushed graham crackers for a snack for the kids over the weekend. Sort of like smores on a stick.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 5:46am
post #63 of 83

mmmmmmmmm
I'm putting on the 2nd and 3rd coats of gold glaze on my leaves. Almost done.

tdybear1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tdybear1978 Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 6:01am
post #64 of 83

I just finished my thomas cake and I think that I am going to get some sleep. I have not been to bed this early (1am) in I don't know how long. Will be up bright and early to get started on those 84 dozen iced cookies. Happy baking tonight ladies!!

iramirez94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iramirez94 Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 6:09am
post #65 of 83

hello everyone.

Last time I was making a character cake.. and I said I was done with them. I only bake for family and friends, but I really really have to draw the line..!! No more character cakes. .. I think I would rather do a sheet cake with a FBCT. Furthermore, I am using bettercreme and getting those crazy sides smooth is a pain!!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

this time it's a monkey..for my niece... The only thing that keeps me going is the smile she will have on her face! I figure it is a gift that comes from my heart.. icon_biggrin.gif

imakecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imakecakes Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 6:14am
post #66 of 83

I will definately keep this thread in mind on fridays from now on.

bcake1960-- Yes, the shows go by very quickly and yes, I will definately be draggin' tomorrow!

Thankfully, there's no cakes for me until Sunday night-and those are "quickies". Maybe I can fit a little nap in after I finish running the kids all over creation for their activities in the morning. I miss the baby stages--even the crying at night. I think the preteen years are a hundred times harder than the baby stages.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 6:16am
post #67 of 83

Good night, ladies. No more sweets tonight for me, except sweet dreams...

Sweet dreams to all of you as well. Image

leah_s Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 6:19am
post #68 of 83

OK, cake needs to sit and the counters are at least wiped down. I'm signing off, but those of you who are staying up, stick around for the two who had to go to the stores to get supplies.

Nbogdala Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nbogdala Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 6:22am
post #69 of 83

Hey guys, never actually posted before, guess I am a lurker, but you gals kept my spirts high tonight, just finished,.... well, almost finished a grooms cake that has a waffle house type theme and a 5 tier wedding cake, I am so tired, I am hitting the sack, lucky delivery is not till 5:30,so I can do some last minitue details tommorow, anyway , I am so thank ful for all of you that are out there,Friday nights can get lonely at 2:00 am and you become delirous, and only cake people understand, so its good to know there are cake buddies out there!!!

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 6:35am
post #70 of 83

I just finished cake dummies for visual aid for a b-t-b.

imakecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imakecakes Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 6:35am
post #71 of 83

sweet dreams, gals. I'm finishing up the basketweave on my cake then that's it's for me , too. I'll try and check in at least once more-in case someones still up.

Babygirlx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Babygirlx Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 7:38am
post #72 of 83

Ok. Here is my update for anyone still up. I took a break and put mini cakes iced in freezer bEfore I put fondant on. Usually I only put in freezer before I cut them up from being 1/4 sheets.
Soooo much easier. I rolled fondant out and took cakes out 1 at a time. OMG, I feel sooo much better doing it this way. No more melting buttercream or cream cheese drooping out.
Didnt have to go to store by the way. When I cut the sides off of mini cakes I usually disgard but no crumbs tonite so I reheated and had enough. Thanks to all of leahs help and tonia's encouragement. Only cake lovers know and understand what we go through. Same goes for pareenting. Only another parent of a TEENAGER can feel my DAILY PAIN.

cakequeen50 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakequeen50 Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 8:40am
post #73 of 83

It's 4:30, I have NO idea what took me so long, just couldn't get the rhythym tonight. Just finished the 5-7-9- topsy turvy, pink and choc. fondant stripes, polka dots and harlequin......man I need to charge more on that sucker.
I love how they turn out but I seem to be having a love hate relationship with them.
I had a 5sq-8r-11hex-14 round wedding, a 7r-9sq grooms, a 1/4 fondant female torso for a bridal shower, a 1/4 sheet experiment and an 8" round. they took me 13 hours, not good.
I plan to sleep til noon, get up, write on the 2 cakes and start out at 2 with deliveries. THEN...I am going to see my new shop! Meeting the owner with questions to sort out for the lawyer. Papers being drawn up this coming week. I am almost feeling....what am I getting myself into. This was a slow week at the shop that I am buying, they only had 11 wedding cakes!!!

shellzey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shellzey Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 8:50am
post #74 of 83

well it's almost 4 AM and i couldn't sleep (i have a huge headache). I was laying in bed dreaming and scheming about the next cake I have to do (scrapbooking them...open box) so i decided to get up and snoop on CC.

SandyLemke Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandyLemke Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 9:24am
post #75 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellzey

well it's almost 4 AM and i couldn't sleep (i have a huge headache). I was laying in bed dreaming and scheming about the next cake I have to do (scrapbooking them...open box) so i decided to get up and snoop on CC.

I am doing the same thing!

SandyLemke Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 9:33am
post #76 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babygirlx

Did anyone see the " vote" cookies on the home page earlier? They were blue, red and white and had an assortment. One recangle said "votte". I cant remember what the others were. I cant find it and when I hit the wrong key earlier, it changed pics on me.
Just wondering. I think everyone should vote the republicans out so I wanted to change that general idea a lil to make it my own and give credit to the member.

CakeCentral is not a political blog.

CelebrationCakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CelebrationCakery Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 1:01pm
post #77 of 83

HI Ladies!!

Most of you are probably in your kitchens baking away...(I will be there soon)

I just wanted to drop a line about the Creamsicle Cake and Frosting. I actually got the recipe in the recipe section here...just type Orange in the search box and then when it shows everything, just scoot down to the recipes and it should be there, I will type it in if you don't find it but it may be easier for you to get it there so you can print it...just let me know though...I know the site was acting funny yesterday!!!
Happy Saturday Baking!!!

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 2:15pm
post #78 of 83

I was so exhausted last night I totally crashed and missed the club! lol Oh well, there's always next week!

Babygirlx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Babygirlx Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 3:02pm
post #79 of 83

well sandylemke,
I guess I know which side your on! Anyway, I wasn't trying to encourage anyone either way. I was asking if anyone knew who made the vote cookies that was on the home page earlier. I wanted to copy the idea but give credit to the original member. Your kind of new at this so thats what we do here when we take ideas from other members.

leah_s Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 3:36pm
post #80 of 83

Hey, Pink - vacations OVAH! ::giggle::

lilahcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilahcakes Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 3:53pm
post #81 of 83

good point, SandyLemke , but maybe im too new to understand also( lol)
icon_lol.gif

SandyLemke Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 4:26pm
post #82 of 83

"I think everyone should vote the republicans out"

umm, yeah. that's a political statement on a cake blog.

leah_s Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 4:56pm
post #83 of 83

OK, FNCC is closed. See you next week.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%