Stupidity...where's My Prize?!

Decorating By mkolmar Updated 6 Sep 2008 , 2:54pm by nannie

mkolmar Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 11:37pm
post #1 of 10

I was lucky enough to take a class with Nicholas Lodge and Colette Peters last week with the World Pastry Forum. (I also got to met Karateka--she's so talented and nice) Anyways, I was trying to get a picture of the gumpaste flowers I made today when I dropped them on my pergo floor. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif
Some parts broke off and shattered, but I was able to fix 2 of the flowers.
Not as pretty as what it was but I think no one would notice unless they looked very close.

The fake tipsy turvy cake that I made has different designs on each side. I decided to take some better photos of it. I ended up taking worse photos and decided to put it back on the top shelf. I stood on a incredibly sturdy box that can hold up to 180 pounds. I weigh less than this so no issues there... so I thought. Well, my foot went through the box and the fake cake hit me in the face. My left eye is slightly swollen, especially in the eye brow. I wouldn't be shocked if I got a black eye out of it. I damaged part of the cake but not too bad.

I told my DH what happened and he said "You have bad luck and stupid things like this always happen to you. When will you learn?"

***I think I may be the first person to ever get hurt from a decorated fake cake*** I feel so stupid right now.

9 replies
TJCanadian Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 11:59pm
post #2 of 10

hehehe, ok you gotta laugh a little.... icon_smile.gif hehe, the cake that fights back...hehehe I fought the cake and the cake won.....

Not butter fingers....butter and sugar fingers icon_biggrin.gif hehehe

Beware the attack of the sugar fairies...heheheh they must be who is getting you...those sugar fairies are sneaky icon_lol.gif

lorrieg Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 1:35am
post #3 of 10

That is too funny! I hope you send pictures and the story to Nick & Colette. Sorry about the misshaps but now you have a really great story to tell. icon_lol.gif

mkolmar Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 3:04am
post #4 of 10

Yep, it is a funny story. I guess I should have said that the corner of the cake is what hit me in the face. I have a swollen eyebrow and cheek bone right now. There was royal icing small dots on the corner that are now broken off and I had an imprint of small dots on my face for almost 2 hours.
When my foot went through the box all the way up to the knee. I stepped on something with a sharp corner in the middle of my foot.

I can laugh about it, it's just my luck. icon_lol.gif

Tashablueyes Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 6:51am
post #5 of 10

Yes, but where are the pictures? Of the flowers and the cake I mean... hopefully there's no black eye to justify a pic!

Curtsmin24 Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 7:28am
post #6 of 10

hehehe, ok you gotta laugh a little.... hehe, the cake that fights back...hehehe I fought the cake and the cake won.....

Not butter fingers....butter and sugar fingers hehehe

Beware the attack of the sugar fairies...heheheh they must be who is getting you...those sugar fairies are sneaky

[quote]

i'm sorry to laugh histerically... icon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gif
.....but that is too funny. You reminded me of my husband. He has the worst luck. He always drops things and bumps into things and is constantly falling!! I was a little sad before reading this post and now I am feeling a little bad for laughing at someone else's expense, but thanks, I really needed this!! icon_lol.gif

karateka Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 8:24am
post #7 of 10

OMG!! icon_eek.gif

I'm sitting here at work reading this and alternately gasping in horror and laughing. My colleague is wondering what the heck I'm doing.

I'm so sorry about your flowers!!! icon_cry.gif You must have been so horrified, I know I would have been.

So much for holding 180 lbs. Stupid boxes! I hope your eye is ok! I agree that Colette and Nick might enjoy the story. I have to admit....when you said you had imprints of the RI dots on your face for 2 hours I laughed right out loud. It just struck me so funny. icon_lol.gif

I am sorry that happened to you. You are certainly handling it better than I would. I'd be so upset!

Take it easy! I hope the swelling goes down....

shellzey Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 8:53am
post #8 of 10

think of all the fun you will have telling people you got a black eye from a cake. imagine their reaction and confusion LOL

mkolmar Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 2:46pm
post #9 of 10

Well, the swelling went down last night. My DH woke up this morning and ask me what happened to my eye while laughing. It's red and and where the royal icing dots hit the skin is ever so slightly broke open. Oh yeah, it's starting to turn into a very pretty bruise.

I'm glad you're all getting a laugh out of this. Lord knows I have.

nannie Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 2:54pm
post #10 of 10

mkolmar.

you are such a wonderful spirit. I'd be sobbing. Especially about the flowers. I don't know how many times I've finally gotten a gp flower right and then broken it. icon_eek.gif

I agree sent the story to nick and colette, I bet they've had their share of mishaps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%