Good Books For Gingerbread Houses?

Decorating By lilahcakes Updated 6 Sep 2008 , 11:20pm by JanH

lilahcakes Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 11:30pm
post #1 of 10

Does anyone know of any good books on building gingerbread houses? I want to make one for halloween and another for Christmas. I know Wilton sells kits, but I have also seen some books about making them and I think im going to order one I just wanted some feedback about which books are the best.

9 replies
Bijoudelanuit Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 12:04am
post #2 of 10

My 2 favorites are by Teresa Layman, Gingerbread for all Seasons, and Gingerbread Things to Make and Bake. They have beautiful full color pictures and all patterns and directions are given! It's a great place to start for ideas!

lilahcakes Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 12:06am
post #3 of 10

Im gonna check them out now!Thanks. thumbs_up.gif

JanH Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 6:15am
post #4 of 10

Until you get your book/s, here's an extensive thread on gingerbread and GB houses, etc.

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-155961-.html

There are currently more templates in the gallery section, but the updated thread was lost in the last CC server crash.

HTH

lilahcakes Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 2:43pm
post #5 of 10

THANKS

lilahcakes Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 2:46pm
post #6 of 10

That link has tons of info !Thanks!!

post #7 of 10

post #8 of 10

loves2bake Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 3:05pm
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilahcakes

Does anyone know of any good books on building gingerbread houses? I want to make one for halloween and another for Christmas. I know Wilton sells kits, but I have also seen some books about making them and I think im going to order one I just wanted some feedback about which books are the best.

The NYTimes has a rating list of most published books. Once you find a book you're interested in, you can check it out on their website.
If I were doing a Gingerbread house, I'd make my own icing and use graham crackers.. Find a picture that you like and just go from there.

JanH Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 11:20pm
post #10 of 10

You're very welcome, lilahcakes. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%