Panic

Decorating By DeniseFL Updated 6 Sep 2008 , 2:13am by DeniseFL

DeniseFL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseFL Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 10:49pm
post #1 of 8

Ok, I know this forum is about cake decorating but I've been here a while and would love to hear what you have to say about this (either good stuff or bad)
Everytime I have an order I panic!! Usually client asks for a picture, I send a pic with prices and when the order is placed I always think I'm not going to have what it takes to complete the project..
I've started 1 year and half ago, and I only bake for friends and family( and relatives, friends, and their friends and so far...) But I ALWAYS think I'm not good enough at this cake decorating stuff (WHICH I LOVE WITH THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART)
Had to re-cover a cake for the first time today, after it all finished didn't look like a WEDDING CAKE.. will finish it tomorrow morning..
Well, just wanted to share with you, and maybe someone that feels the same way can say something about me FREAKING OUT for no reason icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

7 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 11:54pm
post #2 of 8

I used to be like that tooicon_sad.gif When I had my 1st shop I would be praying for orders, take anything that came in then panic I couldn't handle it.....yes, I know what you are talking about.
It wasn't as bad when I had my 2nd shop.......as I had another 8 (?) yrs under my belticon_smile.gif
Each cake you do will help eliminate some of the panic.
I checked out some of your pix (couldn't get them to load - problems w/this site today) and you have nothing to worry about. You are doing very, very good work.

Mom2ANC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mom2ANC Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 12:16am
post #3 of 8

I always panic!
I especially panic because most people just say 'Oh, just make it pink" or tell me what colors they want, but design, they don't tell me anything. So I have to come up with something and it is hard.
I try new things, but then if they don't work out, like with tonight's cake, then I really, really panic!!!

mw902 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mw902 Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 12:32am
post #4 of 8

Ok Denise, really, are you kidding? I looked at your pics and everyone of your cakes are beautiful! You should not panic, you are very talented!

krystyne_wilson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krystyne_wilson Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 12:51am
post #5 of 8

I sneaked a peek at your pics and you have improved SO much!!! I LOVE your baptism cake! I'm sure that your latest endeavor will be wonderful!

kcw551 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kcw551 Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 1:04am
post #6 of 8

I do the same thing!! I know exactly how you feel. I get excited to make the cake then as I start to put it together, I wonder "Who do I think I am??? I can't do this!!" And they never turn out as great as what's in my head. Not even close! I look at other cakes from really talented artists and I start feeling overwhelmed by their talent. I looked at your cakes, Denise and you have talent. We are our own worst enemy when it comes down to it.

Parable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Parable Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 2:03am
post #7 of 8

OK, I have one question for you to answer. When your cake is first looked at by the person who requested it, what do they say? I bet the panic totally subsides with all the raves. So just remember those moments up front and take deep breaths. You should try and have fun.

DeniseFL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseFL Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 2:13am
post #8 of 8

Thank you sooo much for your replies..
it's good to know that this feeling is not so anormal...lol
icon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%