Diy Instructions For A Tilting Turntable?

Decorating By tiamariad Updated 6 Sep 2008 , 8:08am by cakemommync

tiamariad Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 10:31pm
post #1 of 3

After reading a thread on here the other day regarding the PME turntable I asked my father in law whether he could possibly make me a tiltin turntable that would be sturdy enough to hold a heavy tiered cake but we have come up stumped as we can only figure how to make a stand that either tilts or turns, not one that does both at the same time. Has anyone managed to make their own that could possibly give some advice or guidance?

Cheers

2 replies
SugarFrosted Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 8:07am
post #2 of 3

I came up with a substitute for a tilted turntable, and one which is quite sturdy if I do say so, and made from things you might already have at home. It was described in this thread, including a picture:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-6075840-.html#6075840

It will hold up to a 12" diameter cake. Maybe bigger, but I've never tried.
Heavier cakes might need a bit more internal support, like a book inside the binder.

I am concerned for the safety of an already-stacked/tiered cake on any tilting turntable. I have always worked on individual tiers one at a time on this.

cakemommync Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 8:08am
post #3 of 3

I would love to have that to. Haven't put my husband to work on it yet but he can make anything....may have to give him another project...but if someone already has one, I would get it faster! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%