Cake From "because I Said So" (Not Black/white One

Decorating By Amia Updated 10 Sep 2008 , 8:11am by Amia

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 6:44pm
post #1 of 23

There's a cake shown in the first few minutes of the movie "Because I Said So" and each tier kinda looks like a giant bc rose. Anyone know what I'm talking about? It's on screen for all 5 seconds, so it's easy to miss. Anyway, if anyone has a pic or knows how to make that, I'd appreciate your sharing with me!

TIA! icon_smile.gif

22 replies
grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 7:00pm
post #2 of 23

Didn't see it , but it sounds really neat !

leannsloan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leannsloan Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 7:00pm
post #3 of 23

I love that movie, are you talking about the one that has writing all around the cake, that you really have to look to see?

krystyne_wilson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krystyne_wilson Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 7:03pm
post #4 of 23

i googled it and I cannot find it... I hope you are able to find it, if you do be sure and post!

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 7:06pm
post #5 of 23

watching it now actually, but came into the movie after the first 20 minutes. i've seen this movie several times, but can't remember the one you're talking about...i recall the yellow one with flower all over it, painted maybe, but not one where each layer looks like it's own rose...hmmmm

woodthi32 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aligotmatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aligotmatt Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 7:09pm
post #7 of 23

I found that Cake Divas (www.cakedivas.com) made the cakes for the movies... you may be able to contact them?

stlcakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stlcakelady Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 7:12pm
post #8 of 23

I didn't see the movie, but I ran across a website today called cakedesignsbyedda and it has a rose cake. If you look on her bridal shower tab and go to page 7 you can see the cake numbered BR186. Its pretty neat.

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 7:12pm
post #9 of 23

I've been trying to see if it's on their site, but the photo page isn't loading..

leannsloan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leannsloan Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 7:13pm
post #10 of 23

That is so cool, Thanks aligotmatt I always wondered who made all those fabulous cakes.

mommakeef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommakeef Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 7:32pm
post #11 of 23

I've got this movie at home and watched it last week just so i could see that cake! I so want to make one!
I don't have any tips or pointers for you, i have no idea how to even start on it, other than the petals are most likely gumpaste. I searched and searched online and was not able to find a pic of that cake...Sorry!

-Shannon

woodthi32 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
woodthi32 Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 7:56pm
post #12 of 23

OK, now I have been looking for the cake you are referring to for 45 minutes. I didn't care at ALL for that movie, and now I have to rent it, just to see the cake!!

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 8:42pm
post #13 of 23

Was it anything like this one, from Rose Levy Beranbaum? http://www.realbakingwithrose.com/2007/05/lisa_takes_the_caketo_a_new_le.html

mommakeef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommakeef Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 8:59pm
post #14 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7yyrt

Was it anything like this one, from Rose Levy Beranbaum? http://www.realbakingwithrose.com/2007/05/lisa_takes_the_caketo_a_new_le.html

It was alot like that one. It was 3 tiers and all white tho...SO pretty!

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 9:05pm
post #15 of 23

It would be nice to be able to look at the photos on their website.. has anyone been able to get onto the photo page? It just keeps waiting for an item for me.. foe a LOOOOOONG time.

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 9:17pm
post #16 of 23

found this on a site:

Watch the movie on your computer. When the wedding cake you want comes on screen press pause. Then hit Cntrl+Prt Sc (located in the same row as all the F keys). Open up any imaging application like Paint. Hit Cntrl+V or Edit, Paste. Make sure the picture of the cake is the top window because this captures a snapshot of what your computer screen is showing at that moment.

You now have a still of the cake. Save it, print it, then take it to the baker so she can make it.

Otherwise you can also do the really cheapo way and watch the movie on your TV then pause when the cake comes on and take a picture of the screen.

Ninabeth19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ninabeth19 Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 12:00am
post #17 of 23

I just so happened to have the movie on my DVR so here are 2 pictures of the cake.

Amia Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 12:07am
post #18 of 23

I think I love you NinaBeth! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

I searched for an hour trying to find that cake! I know the Cake Divas made all the cakes in the movie, but the only one you can find anywhere is that black and white one. icon_evil.gif

That cake looked like bc in the movie...of course, they only showed it for 5 seconds. Now that I can see it up close, it looks like fondant, which would be easier since I doubt they make a petal tip that big. icon_rolleyes.gif

Tellis12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tellis12 Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 12:26am
post #19 of 23

I haven't seen the movie but you all made me want to see all of the cakes you were talking about. That one is so neat looking! I also found this image of one of the cakes too.
LL

lilahcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilahcakes Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 12:38am
post #20 of 23

You have gotta post it after you make it!! It's soo pretty(and such a good movie!!!)

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 2:34pm
post #21 of 23

you know what? i just might watch this movie for the cakes LOL i haven't heard good reviews about this movie.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 5:00pm
post #22 of 23

Sorry about repeating the link you put, woodthi32.
Somehow I didn't see it when I read the thread.

Amia Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 8:11am
post #23 of 23

Well I attempted to make a cake kinda like the one from the movie:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1264002.html

icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%