Setting Up Website

Baking By shiney Updated 6 Sep 2008 , 11:47pm by CoutureCakeCreations

shiney Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 4:30pm
post #1 of 6

I've done a search on CC, but didn't find this question. Best way to set up website? I googled, and saw one do-it-yourself, started setting it up, but decided to ask here before I commit. Please give me advice on best way to go about it.

5 replies
avgsuperheroine Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 2:16am
post #2 of 6

There are a lot of different ways to set up an easy to build website. Some folks like yahoo, some freewebs, some go with a less structured host for more flexibility (although sometimes that does require more computer knowledge).

It's sort of up to you and what you want. I have a website at work and one of my own. Mine I did on freewebs, I love their site builder, it's super-easy. The one at work I have to use Front Page to build, not a huge fan.

I would do research first on SEO, if you hope to have people find you through your website. I do know that you want to get your domain name at the same time you set your site up. If you forward it there's a two-month waiting period before you can transfer it and then you have to wait another 6-10 weeks for the spiders to crawl your site. After you assign your domain name and have most of your content in place, then you want to submit your site to the search engines.

I hope that's what you meant. If you want to know about the layout, hopefully some folks who have similar products will give some input.

Texas_Rose Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 2:41am
post #3 of 6

I just finished building one on weebly. I didn't buy the domain name because I was mostly just playing with it and I don't sell cakes. I did like the site builder too. The only thing I wished was that I could change the background color of the particular template I picked, but that wasn't possible.

kimberlina25 Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 4:39am
post #4 of 6

i am also a fan of freewebs. its a great place to start, especially if you are not real computer saavy or if you are just starting your biz. I like that they have tons of templates to choose from and "buiding" your site is super easy and quick, the best part- ITS FREE!!

shiney Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 11:24pm
post #5 of 6

Okay, did one quickly on freewebs. It was super easy. I did the bit also for tags, but still not able to bring it up with google search. Any tips?

CoutureCakeCreations Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 11:47pm
post #6 of 6

I am using and I also reccomend

Quote by @%username% on %date%