Lots Of Questions For My First Cake That I'm Selling!

Decorating By ThreeDGirlie Updated 5 Sep 2008 , 3:06pm by lilyanddayne

ThreeDGirlie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThreeDGirlie Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 2:27pm
post #1 of 2

My friend and she wants a white cake and strawberry cake marbled. Well, I've never done a marble cake. Any pointers? I'll be using WASC for the white cake and a white cake mix with strawberry Jello and strawberry puree for the strawberry cake.

Also, I'm thinking this will be like a "strawberries and cream" type of flavor. Would you use almond or just vanilla in the white cake? I think almond would taste good, but I could be wrong!

She wants a cake to feed 40. I am planning to make a sheet cake with a "3" on top carved out of cake (using the (2) 9" rounds like the numbers instruction sheet in the templates). I was originally planning to do a 12x18, but I can probably do an 11x15 cake since there will be more cake on top, right? I don't want her to be short on cake and have generous slices, but I also don't want to make WAAAY more than she needs.

Thanks for bearing with me!

1 reply
lilyanddayne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilyanddayne Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 3:06pm
post #2 of 2

The size of your cake depends on a couple of things. 1. How many to feed. 2. Type of decoration.
Go to wilton.com to check out the serving chart. It will let you know exactly what size pans to use.
I love the WASC and it is always very popular. The strawberry cake you described sounds good. I would leave the almond in with the vanilla. I have a recipe for strawberries that have a almond cream cheese filling piped into each one and it is delicious together.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%