Suggestions Needed

Decorating By psurrette Updated 6 Sep 2008 , 1:27am by krystyne_wilson

psurrette Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 1:39pm
post #1 of 9

I am starting a wedding cake today that is going to be white with sage green scrolls and brown borders. Do you think this is going to look OK? My thought was to do 2 tiers sage and 2 tiers brown with the scrolls but not sure how it will look. Your suggestions are greatly appreciated.

8 replies
loves2bake Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 2:19pm
post #2 of 9

Sounds good to me! But Green is my fave color, so you may be asking the wrong person icon_biggrin.gif If you are really that unsure, maybe you could sketch it on a piece of white paper with colored pencils to get an idea.

loves2bake Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 2:24pm
post #3 of 9

You might try using tan scrolls or at least a lighter shade of brown (unless youâre adding flowers to the scrollwork) Also depends on the thickness of the lines.

psurrette Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 3:03pm
post #4 of 9

The only reason she wants brown incorporated is because the men are wearing brown tux's

loves2bake Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 3:11pm
post #5 of 9

Then I would probably just add it as an undertone, maybe with very thinly scrolled lines and focus on the main theme of green.

Post a pic when youâre done so we can see this beautiful GREEN cake decorations! thumbs_up.gif

kakeladi Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 6:10pm
post #6 of 9

Ooohhhhh keep the brown to a minimum....and in a light shade.

psurrette Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 11:44pm
post #7 of 9

Ok here is the finish product. What can I do to it to make it better. I dont like the brown at all but I guess I should think about because thats what she wanted.
Sorry for the crap in the background when I am finished I will take a better picture.
Comments please

all4cake Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 12:09am
post #8 of 9

I love your scroll work!

krystyne_wilson Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 1:27am
post #9 of 9

I LOVE IT!!! Good job icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%