Luster Dust / Super Pearl Pearl Dust

Decorating By marriedtoagreek74 Updated 5 Sep 2008 , 6:58pm by marriedtoagreek74

marriedtoagreek74 Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 1:12pm
post #1 of 3

I have super pearl pearl dust and wanted to paint it onto some pearl beads piped onto a cake but not on the rest of the fondant. Can I do this the same as I would with luster dust, like with vodka or alcohol?

Amy

2 replies
BJ Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 6:12pm
post #2 of 3

Amy,
Based on your post (I'm a little confused as to what you're asking) but I'll take a stab at it. Are you asking if you can use vodka or alcohol to mix your luster dust? Yes, you can use vodka. Another item used to mix with the luster dust is lemon extract. Mixing either of these allows you to paint with the luster dust. I hope this was what you were asking. If not - could you re-word your question? We'd love to help. thumbs_up.gif

marriedtoagreek74 Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 6:58pm
post #3 of 3

Hey all sorry if I was confusing. I have pearl dust, which I think is different from luster dust. I was wondering if I could apply the pearl dust in the same manor, like with an alcohol or extract like I would if I were using luster dust. I am piping some dots/ pearls on a cake and don't have the appropriate color luster dust, I only have "pearl dust".

Hope that helps.

Thanks
Amy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%