Have Ya Noticed?

Decorating By StephW Updated 6 Sep 2008 , 11:33pm by lilahcakes

StephW Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 2:47am
post #1 of 7

How the talent level of the CC decorators just seems to be getting higher and higher lately? Seems that everytime I look at the pics - there are rows of stunning cakes to look at!

I'll have to do another cake soon to bring the level back down to the mere mortal cake level... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Great work everyone!

6 replies
tiersfromheaven Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 11:49am
post #2 of 7

I have to agree with the talent. My husband was just commenting last night while watching Duff on TV how yeah his cakes look great but that's easier when you work with so much fondant. The people on this site can make amazing creations with mainly buttercream . . . TALENT!

BREN28 Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 1:26pm
post #3 of 7

StephW,

i'll be there to help you bring it down some more! icon_biggrin.gif every time i look at the galleries im in awe icon_surprised.gif . all i can say is "how beautiful" or "how did they do that?" icon_eek.gif, im ALWAYS amazed at the talented people here on cc!! icon_biggrin.gif

StephW Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 2:55pm
post #4 of 7

tiersfromheaven - cool name! And I think it's great that your hubby can tell that Duff uses fondant and the differences in how the cakes look! My hubby doesn't watch any of that and pays no attention when I am making a cake.

Bren28 - always glad to have some help! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

jab Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 9:06pm
post #5 of 7

I agree!! Some of these cakes are AWESOME and I also wonder how did they do that or I WISH I could do that. I guess practice does make perfect.

Jasmine33 Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 9:12pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephW

How the talent level of the CC decorators just seems to be getting higher and higher lately? Seems that everytime I look at the pics - there are rows of stunning cakes to look at!

Great work everyone!

Everyones cakes here are amazing! I am almost embarrassed to upload. But hey, a gal has to start somewhere. lol

Quote:
Quote:

I'll have to do another cake soon to bring the level back down to the mere mortal cake level... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Check out my disaster cake thread. HAHA That will drag the level WAY back down. icon_lol.gif

lilahcakes Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 11:33pm
post #7 of 7

It's crazy how much harder it is to work with bc than fondant. Im new and my first class was fondant , now im in a bc class and I thought"whew thank goodness this will be even easier" WRONG!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%