Super Quick Question

Decorating By Mom2ANC Updated 4 Sep 2008 , 7:26pm by Laura102777

Mom2ANC Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 6:56pm
post #1 of 6

I need to leave the house in 10 minutes. I am still waiting for cakes to come out of the oven. I think they might be done in 10 minutes, but then I need to *leave* - I am already running late and do not have time to wait for them to cool and turn them out until I get back.

Will they be OK????

5 replies
renee2007 Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 7:05pm
post #2 of 6

they should be fine. how long before you're back to turn them out? icon_smile.gificon_rolleyes.gif

HannahLass Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 7:07pm
post #3 of 6

I dont know if this is too late to help but I have left cakes in the tin straight out of the over over night and during the day when I just dont have time. It hasnt affected mine still moist and fine. I just put some paper towel and then a clean tea towel over them. Not sure if more experienced bakers will tell you different but it has worked for me. Hannah

Joybeth Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 7:07pm
post #4 of 6

It depends on how long you will be gone, I guess. I have left my cakes in the pans, without turning them, for nearly an hour. (Accidently of course) Nothing happened to them, they were a little wet on the bottom though.

HannahLass Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 7:19pm
post #5 of 6

I also suppose it differes whereever you are It isnt warm here (northern England) in fact its jumper weather so less than 10 degrees c. If its warm I wouldnt leave them out so much. But I dont know sorry cant be more help.

Laura102777 Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 7:26pm
post #6 of 6

I frequently leave mine in the pan overnight. I've never had a problem. (I use Baker's Joy spray, in case anyone is wondering.)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%