Plain White Cake Recipe From Dh Cake Mix W/pudding

Baking By mamarabil Updated 4 Sep 2008 , 7:04pm by DesignsByMandie

mamarabil Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 6:47pm
post #1 of 5

Can anyone share their favorite recipe with me. I looked in the recipes and didn't find anything.

I need to bake a cake tonight and didn't get Sour Cream and only have various puddings in the house. No time to run out and get stuff.

I already put the DH mix and 1 small box of jello pudding in the bowl thinking I would find a basic recipe in the book - but can't find one.

Can someone please tell me how much water, eggs and oil to add to doctor it up but still have a nice semi firm 12" round cake that is easy to cut.

Thanks in advance!!!

4 replies
HBcakes Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 6:54pm
post #2 of 5

I always use the Cake Mix Doctor's version but I don't add a whole cup sour cream, I only do 3/4 sour cream 1/4 cup water. If you have no sour cream you probably could still get away with about 3/4 cup water, then I do 4 large eggs, 1/2 cup oil, and 1 tsp vanilla extract. It certainly wouldn't be as firm as with sour cream, which you already know, but it'd be a perfectly edible cake that I think you could work with!

I'm no baking expert but maybe it'll help you out a little; I'm sure there will be others on here with more creative advice in this area!

renee2007 Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 6:57pm
post #3 of 5

maybe this will help http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-6948-0--Enhanced-Mix-Recipe.html just go to the recipes and look under cake mix cakes. hth icon_smile.gif

Arriva Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 6:59pm
post #4 of 5

Do you have 2 mixes? I sift 2 mixes, add 2 tsp of baking powder and a dash of salt. 6 eggs, 2 tsp vanilla and 2 tsp butter, and 2 cups water. HTH

DesignsByMandie Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 7:04pm
post #5 of 5

Since we are on the subject of doctoring cakes. I have to do a 2-layer half sheet and need it to be a little more firm to carve it. I bought the sourcream not realizing that I only bought one tub and hello I am doing a half sheet....Also I forgot the pudding!! How much sour cream would you add for a 2-layer sheet cake?? And what else can you use other than the pudding?? And does sugar free pudding do the same?? TIA Mandie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%