Rasberry Filling ;-)

Decorating By milakat2 Updated 6 Sep 2008 , 3:15am by MichelleM77

milakat2 Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 4:15pm
post #1 of 13

Does anyone have raspberry filling that doesn't have to be refrigerated they could share?

12 replies
tracycakes Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 6:23pm
post #2 of 13

Easiest one ever - all fruit jelly like Polanta and 1/2 box of jello. I get raspberry Polanta and raspberry jello (dry). Just heat of the jelly slightly so you can mix the dry jello in. It gets RAVES. I'm putting some in a WASC tonight and travelling with the cake for 8 hours tomorrow without refrigeration.

It's very yummy with chocolate. I love chocolate and raspberry together.

renee2007 Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 6:50pm
post #3 of 13

I use smuckers raspberry preserves and buttercream. it's yummy icon_biggrin.gif

DesignsByMandie Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 6:50pm
post #4 of 13

tracycakes...does that work with any flavor of fruit jelly? And does it have to be jelly? Could it be preserves?? I have a sheet cake coming up that has strawberry filling and I just bought preserves...So could I do the same with that?? Thanks for the info...I learn something new every time I log on!!!!

msulli10 Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 12:04am
post #5 of 13

I use the premade sleeves of raspberry fillings. You can buy them online for about $3 each. There is a lot in them. I don't have to refrigerate the cake, but I usually refrigerate the filling once it's opened (if I have leftovers). I have gotten rave reviews and even better ones when I mix it with buttercream.

kakeladi Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 12:16am
post #6 of 13

........does that work with any flavor of fruit jelly? And does it have to be jelly? Could it be preserves......

Preserves have chunks of fruit in it. It's best if you use jam or jelly which usually does not have pieces of fruit in it.
And yes indeed it would work w/any flavoricon_smile.gif

loves2bake Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 2:47pm
post #7 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracycakes

Easiest one ever - all fruit jelly like Polanta and 1/2 box of jello. I get raspberry Polanta and raspberry jello (dry). Just heat of the jelly slightly so you can mix the dry jello in. It gets RAVES. I'm putting some in a WASC tonight and travelling with the cake for 8 hours tomorrow without refrigeration.

It's very yummy with chocolate. I love chocolate and raspberry together.

Iâm a huge raspberry fan! I may have to copy your recipe! Thanks for the idea icon_biggrin.gif

indydebi Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 8:21pm
post #8 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by msulli10

I use the premade sleeves of raspberry fillings. You can buy them online for about $3 each. There is a lot in them. I don't have to refrigerate the cake, but I usually refrigerate the filling once it's opened (if I have leftovers). I have gotten rave reviews and even better ones when I mix it with buttercream.

Ditto ... quick, simple, easy and food-safe.

hammer1 Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 8:31pm
post #9 of 13

we use Solo brand rasp. filling purchased at the gracery, it is a little expensive, but it is great. we use it with buttercream. Unlike a lot of people we put a thin layer of buttercream between the layers and add the filling on top, don't forget to put a dam around the cake before filling. I bought the premade stuff in the sleeve and hated it....i ended up mixing a little of the premade stuff with the solo stuff until it was gone. I will never use that stuff again.

hammer1 Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 8:37pm
post #10 of 13

we use Solo brand rasp. filling purchased at the gracery, it is a little expensive, but it is great. we use it with buttercream. Unlike a lot of people we put a thin layer of buttercream between the layers and add the filling on top, don't forget to put a dam around the cake before filling. I bought the premade stuff in the sleeve and hated it....i ended up mixing a little of the premade stuff with the solo stuff until it was gone. I will never use that stuff again.

Deb_ Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 9:11pm
post #11 of 13

There is a good raspberry filling recipe on this site. I just made it but used half water and half Chambord (raspberry liquor)......DELICIOUS!!

Hammer1....I also crumbcoat the top of the cake and the bottom of the top layer and sandwich the filling in between the two layers. I've never purchased the raspberry premade sleeves of filling but I have tried the Boston Creme....never again, it tasted like canned pudding with an aftertaste. So after that I was afraid of trying the others.

Michelle104 Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 1:25am
post #12 of 13

The other day I made some that was just smuckers raspberry jam (seedless) and bettercreme. Mixed it together until I liked the taste and it was yummy!!!! Super easy and doesn't have to be refrigerated..... icon_biggrin.gif

MichelleM77 Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 3:15am
post #13 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle104

The other day I made some that was just smuckers raspberry jam (seedless) and bettercreme. Mixed it together until I liked the taste and it was yummy!!!! Super easy and doesn't have to be refrigerated..... icon_biggrin.gif

Me too! I also just do jam (heat it up in a sauce pan so it's easy to spread) if they don't want a BC filling. Mmmm!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%