Pearl Necklace - Please Help

Decorating By laxgal00 Updated 4 Sep 2008 , 3:08pm by laxgal00

laxgal00 Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 2:32pm
post #1 of 4

greetings. i have to make a pearl necklace that is 365 beads long and have them attached together as flawlessly as possible. i have the pearl maker and can make the chain (which i have already tried) in 20 bead incriments, but once the sections are pieced together i am not really pleased with the way it looks. the necklace is for a showpiece cake so i was curious about options for making them individually, but how do i get them to stick together in a freestanding environment, like a real chain and stand up to transportation. the only other times i have needed to make pearls, was to put actually on a cake as decorations, etc. i have methods to make the pearls (the pressmold, hand and earlene's method) - but if anyone has anything else, please let me know.

3 replies
gr8_seamstress Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 2:42pm
post #2 of 4

Not sure of the effect you are trying to achieve, but have you thought about making them and actually stirnging them together with clear thread?

CakeWhizz Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 3:01pm
post #3 of 4

In one of Colette's books, she rolled out the pearls using gumpaste and after they had dried for a bit, she threaded them through very thin nylon thread (I think?).

laxgal00 Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 3:08pm
post #4 of 4

i want to make a chain to set on a board, loose like real jewlery, not like wrapped around a cake. i thought about threading them - is that acceptable for a competition?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%