Pearl Necklace - Please Help

Decorating By laxgal00 Updated 4 Sep 2008 , 10:04pm by jjkarm

laxgal00 Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 2:31pm
post #1 of 4

greetings. i have to make a pearl necklace that is 365 beads long and have them attached together as flawlessly as possible. i have the pearl maker and can make the chain (which i have already tried) in 20 bead incriments, but once the sections are pieced together i am not really pleased with the way it looks. the necklace is for a showpiece cake so i was curious about options for making them individually, but how do i get them to stick together in a freestanding environment, like a real chain and stand up to transportation. the only other times i have needed to make pearls, was to put actually on a cake as decorations, etc. i have methods to make the pearls (the pressmold, hand and earlene's method) - but if anyone has anything else, please let me know.

3 replies
KHalstead Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 4:45pm
post #2 of 4

what about actually stringing them like real pearls?? you could use fishing line if you don't want it to show very much. I would make them individually and use a needle to put a small hold in each one, and then string them like you would with real pearls.

Bettycrockermommy Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 4:55pm
post #3 of 4

I agree with KHalstead. Making the pearls using Earlene's method and stringing them together should give you the realistic look you are going for.

jjkarm Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 10:04pm
post #4 of 4

I've made pearls Earlene's way, then I strung them together with a needle. It worked great. I used them as a border around the edges of a wedding cake. I didn't have a lot of time, so stringing them together before hand made the set up go much quicker. This process will work great for what you want. It hangs just like a real necklace. Good luck. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%