Looking For This Kind Of Pinwheel Cookie

Baking By pamconn Updated 4 Sep 2008 , 9:59pm by pamconn

pamconn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pamconn Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 2:26pm
post #1 of 6

I have seen the recipe to make these cookies and now can't find it. It also showed how to cut them without this cutter.

Do any of you make these?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000W0KO4/?tag=cakecentral-20

Thanks for any help.

5 replies
TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 3:49pm
post #2 of 6

I have not made these, but I expect someone on here has and can give you great directions! In the interim, I did see this technique done on Martha. Those were done with a filling and a fluted pastry wheel, but you can adapt the idea to what you need. Here it is if it helps (but I think someone else will be able to help you more, so this is a "just in case"): http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/coconut-cream-cheese-pinwheels?autonomy_kw=pinwheel%20cookie&rsc=header_1

redpanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redpanda Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 4:24pm
post #3 of 6

To make these, you make a square and then cut in diagonally from each corner to about half-way in to the center. Then, you just put your filling in the middle and fold in alternating points to the center.

In other words, if you are going around the square in a clockwise direction, you will have two points at each corner, separated by the cut you made. Let's say you fold in the one in the bottom left first (the one that is clockwise/ABOVE the cut you made. You would then fold the one that is clockwise of the cut in the upper left corner, then the one that is clockwise of the cut in the upper right corner, and finally the one that is clockwise of the cut in the lower right corner.

The specific order you fold the points in isn't important, but it is critical that you do the correct corners.

HTH

I made cookies like this many years ago, and that's how I made them. I can't help you with a recipe (although I am pretty sure I just used a cream cheese sugar cookie dough).

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 4:50pm
post #4 of 6

If you decide to buy the cutter, the instructions will be included in the package.

If you're looking for a dough recipe, you can use any type of pate brisee or pate sucree you prefer. I use a cream cheese pastry for them.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 5:26pm
post #5 of 6

"The Artful Cookie" book has instructions and recipe for this cookie. If you still want the recipe, I can send it to you. It won't be until tomorrow, though, as I'm at work at once home I can't log on to CC.

pamconn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pamconn Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 9:59pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you ladies for the replies.

I will try these ideas. The cookie cutter looks like it would save time, but the shipping cost on it is as much as the cutter itself almost.

I thought these looked cute and wanted to see if it was possible to make them on my own.

Thank you again for the help.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%