Traditional Cake?

Decorating By Katie-Bug Updated 4 Sep 2008 , 2:22pm by skpargeon

Katie-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie-Bug Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 1:00pm
post #1 of 6

Okay, I have a family member who is getting married again. She is wanting a round cake that is traditional, icon_rolleyes.gif . That's all she will tell me.

Her colors are going to be a dark purple, butter yellow, burnt orange....it's kinda fall colors. I don't want to do ruffles and swags with doves, but I do want to do something she would like.

So...anyone have any ideas for a "traditional" cake with a slightly mordern twist?

Anything to get the ball rolling would be great...Thanks thumbs_up.gif

5 replies
bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 1:05pm
post #2 of 6

You know, I THINK in one of the Wilton Yearbooks from the 80's there actually was a fall themed "traditional" cake. I remember because I liked the colors. Maybe 1984? Don't know if you can find any info on it online or not, though.

GOOD LUCK!

Beth

Tweedie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tweedie Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 1:22pm
post #3 of 6

Maybe something with leaves in the yellow and orange with some purple berries on some little twigs/branches.

skpargeon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
skpargeon Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 1:30pm
post #4 of 6

How about traditional white cake, lemon curd filling, white icing, gold scrollwork and purple "jewels" on the sides?

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 1:46pm
post #5 of 6

How about an ivory colored cake with purple brush embroidery on alternating tiers, on the other tiers do a diamond pattern with dragees at the corners, I know they come in a variety of colors now so you could do another shade of purple. you can tie the yellow and orange in with some flowers on the top and then just throw a few tiny purple flowers in to tie it all together?

skpargeon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
skpargeon Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 2:22pm
post #6 of 6

Oh wow, I like Stephaniescakenj's suggestion, I'd go with that one!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%