Cake Ideas

Decorating By rescuemomma Updated 4 Sep 2008 , 10:28pm by rescuemomma

rescuemomma Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 10:41am
post #1 of 5

Need ideas for volunteer appreciation cake for animal rescue society. Our group is gathering this weekend to say thank you to all of our volunteers. We foster abandoned and abused, neglected and unwanted dogs and cats. I have searched for new ideas but haven't found anything that appeals to me. Does anyone have any creative ideas?

4 replies
lilyanddayne Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 3:11pm
post #2 of 5

You could make cats and dogs out of fondant or buttercream and make them sitting on a warm blanket or a comfy sofa. They could be snuggled up together (a cat and dog).
I don't know, this is a toughy! Good Luck

beth2027 Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 9:13pm
post #3 of 5

You could cover a whole cake in paw prints (cat and dog, of course). That would be cool.

janelwaters Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 9:26pm
post #4 of 5

I would also do the fondant/gumpaste cats and dogs on maybe a 2 tier cake covered in paw prints.

What a great program!!

rescuemomma Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 10:28pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks for the suggestions! Those are good ideas. I have never worked with fondant or gumpaste, fairly new to decorating, but I am looking forward to learning how. I really like the cat and dog paw print ideas. You would think I would have already thought of that- with the 5 foster dogs that I care for...LOL...but then again sometimes what is right in front of you isn't always obvious!

Quote by @%username% on %date%