Fondant Cows

Decorating By cookiecakemonster Updated 4 Sep 2008 , 8:24am by judcreations

cookiecakemonster Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 4:27am
post #1 of 4

I had a book with some marzipan cows instructions and now i can't find it.

Does anyone know any website or have any step by step instructions for fondant or gumpaste cows??

cute ones??

Thanks!

3 replies
caker123 Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 5:46am
post #2 of 4

I actually just made some flat ones...were you looking for 3D?

For the flat ones I cut out circles of white fondant about the size of a cupcake (these were for cupcake toppers). A tiny oval raised pink snout, pressed in two spots for nostrils. Then rolled tiny balls of black fondant then flattened them out and unevened them a bit. Pressed them around the cow's face in no particular pattern for spots. Tiny white fondant balls pressed into rounds for the eye and even tinier black fondant balls pressed into rounds for the pupils. The ears you can do a bunch of different ways but I did longer tubes that I attached to either sidse of the head in kind of a loop.

Let them dry for 2 days and they were super cute. I actually went on Flickr and searched 'fondant cows' and looked at a ton of them before I found some I liked, and then modeled mine after those, though mine turned out different. I think there are also some 3D ones on there as well. I eyeballed mostly and used my imagination.

Good luck!

caker123 Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 5:49am
post #3 of 4

Here is a photo of the ones I made. icon_smile.gif
LL

judcreations Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 8:24am
post #4 of 4

Check the pastrywiz.com site, there is a step by step instructions on how to make cows. hope that helps

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%